At Arete, we are on the forefront of utilizing innovative solutions, with great minds from all backgrounds, to help solve the nation's most complex security challenges. We strive for an inclusive, collaborative team environment that approaches differences as opportunities for innovation and excellence. As an employee-owned company, we foster an atmosphere that propels diverse career opportunities and professional growth.
Discover your future with us.
Arete is seeking a full-time Information Systems Security Officer to work primarily in our Arlington, VA facility along with some occasional onsite work in our Chantilly, VA facility. The selected candidate will have and maintain a Top-Secret security clearance with SCI access, including a CI polygraph. The candidate will collaborate with other Cyber Security and IT staff members, travel occasionally, and provide some after-hours support. The candidate will also support a variety of information systems at varying levels of complexity on the classified and corporate networks.
- Work directly with onsite and remote designated Information Systems Security Managers (ISSMs).
- Assist in the development and implementation of government approved information security procedures and system security plans for the operation of networked and standalone classified computers systems, as well as coordinating government agency approvals/accreditations.
- Responsible for periodic system self-inspections/testing, weekly system audits, conduct media reviews and comprehensive investigations of computer security incidents, coordinating with other organizations for expertise as needed.
- Contribute to information system and application hardening configurations in accordance with company and customer standards.
- Run compliance and vulnerability scans on systems, analyze the findings, and apply applicable remediation manually or via remediation tools.
- Provide customer service to end users of the information systems for cyber security-related requests and issues such as data transfers, user account management activities, software approval requests, end user cyber security training, and others as assigned.
- Conduct product research and testing utilizing open-source resources as well as coordination with appropriate vendors to review products for use on the corporate network.
- Respond to Cyber Security SIEM alerts and conduct investigations under the direction of the Corporate Cyber Security program lead.
- Serve as one of the Cyber Security analysts for the corporate network by utilizing the company's various Cyber Security tools and systems.
- Participate in the various Corporate Cyber Program processes and procedures such as Incident Response activities,
- Insider threat indicator collection, Change Management Board reviews, and asset inventory reviews.
- Contribute to the Cybersecurity Program tasks as assigned.
Please note the following: Under the Resume section you MUST select "Enter professional details" and under "Make your application stronger" please upload your resume.
We have an impressive range of benefits, programs, and perks that we offer:
Generous PTO and Leave Times
- Flextime Scheduling
- Bereavement and Medical Leave
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K Retirement Plan Contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Cafeteria 125 Plan
- Continuing Education Funds
Health, Medical, and Wellness Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Vision Reimbursement
Qualities We Look For
Experiences and Background We Look For-
- Active Top-Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology or Cybersecurity related discipline and/or current, applicable industry-standard certifications (Security+, CISSP, GSEC).
- Minimum of 2 years working as an ISSO, Cyber Security Analyst or similar role.
- Current IAT Level II Security Certification or higher (Security+, CASP, CySA+, CISSP, GSEC) or ability to obtain within 3 months of the start date.
- NISPOM experience and an understanding of the implementation of RMF on DoD/IC systems.
- Must have solid technical knowledge on how Microsoft Windows 10 and Server operating systems are hardened.
- Experience with common information system Cyber Security tools, technologies, and STIGs (Nessus/ACAS, SCAP
- Compliance Checker, STIG Viewer, Microsoft Group Policy, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work autonomously and on a team.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to document/diagram information systems and procedures.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Nice to have-
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework is a plus.
- Experience with Security Directives, Policies, Publications and Regulations including but not limited to the NIST 800- 171, NIST 800-53, JSIG and/or ICD 705.
- Experience in one or more of the following Cybersecurity tools/technologies: SIEM or Log Reduction & Analysis Tools,
- McAfee ePO, SCC Tool, WSUS, Bitlocker, Rapid7 IDR, InsightVM.
- Technical knowledge on how Linux (RHEL 7/8) systems are configured, hardened, and managed.
The salary range for this role is $80,000 to $120,000; however, Arete considers several factors when extending an offer of employment, including but not limited to: the position and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills.
U.S. citizenship is required to meet position eligibility.
Selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Successful passage of a criminal background screen is required to meet position eligibility. Arete will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Successful passage of a Department of Transportation (DOT) drug test is required to meet position eligibility.
As the health and safety of employees continues to be a priority, Arete encourages employees to remain current on their COVID-19 vaccinations. Employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042.
Arete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website because of your disability. To request an accommodation, please contact Arete Human Resources at 818-885-2200 for assistance.