Company Generac Power Systems
Name Distribution Supervisor - 2nd Shift. OT and 5% Shift Differential!
Req # 61327
Location Hub CORP
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry. Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
We are a team of hardworking builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others in our field. We push boundaries and seek opportunities for our products and people to evolve. As an inclusive workplace, we keep equity and respect at the forefront and empower employees to speak up, take accountability, and bring their best energy to work every day. At Generac, we collaborate, share successes, and promote a drive to win while respecting others and supporting growth.
The Supervisor Distribution is responsible for the processing of material throughout the facility from receiving, put away, manifesting, picking, packing, shipping and loading for outbound shipment. This includes oversight of cycle counting and processing transfer orders to and from other facilities or to external customers. The distribution supervisor plays a key role in continuous improvement projects and assists in planning and executing changes to help improve overall distribution performance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and optimize daily warehousing operations including receiving, picking, packing, and shipping of materials.
- Ensure timely material flow within the facility to facilitate meeting On-Time Delivery to customers and other facilities which may include working with internal partners such as plant buyers and planners to facilitate accurate and timely processing of expedited PO's or special exceptions.
- Selects, coaches and develops staff. Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manages performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- Staff development through education, training, coaching, mentoring and certification in the execution of improvement priorities and the achievement of key performance indicators including productivity, performance, reliability, and teamwork.
- Develop, implement and monitor standard operating processes and strategies that enable distribution efficiency improvements.
- Oversee inventory management and control, accuracy, and established inventory guidelines and procedures.
- Partner with Quality, Purchasing and Production to develop effective and efficient solutions to customer quality and delivery issues and to achieve objectives and KPIs
- May include high level communication between internal departments such as order entry, purchasing and production to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Lead and improve distribution best practices including possible use of Warehouse Management System and automation.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels for daily order fulfillment balancing resource capacity to workload.
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of leadership and distribution experience
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP system (Oracle, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics) and Microsoft Office.
- Formal leadership or team development training.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Relationship Building and Earning Trust - Consistently follows through on team commitments, communicates, and demonstrates accountability.
- Builds trust and sets the example for the team by being inclusive and fair.
- Accountability - Remains outcome focused, holding the team accountable while removing barriers to success. Plays to win by defining team objectives/scope and clear milestones. Keeps leadership apprised of progress and brings options/solutions for issues when elevated.
- Ask, Listen, and Follow Up - Actively listens, questions to help others understand, shows care/concern, and closes loop. Drives action and alignment using coaching techniques, reinforces team's progress/development.
- Inspire, Motivate and Recognize - Teaches others new tasks and is self- aware of strengths/developmental opportunities. Celebrates individual successes.
- Conflict Management and Resolution - Influences employees to collaborate and achieve goals as a group. Asks questions, remains unbiased and encourages unconventional suggestions. Diffuses conflict as it arises rather than avoiding it and focuses on solving the problem.
- Identify, Engage and Retain - Creates an open and honest work environment, providing others an opportunity to develop and grow.
- Change Agent - Consistently optimistic about the ability to change in order to improve a product/service. Uses the voice of customer (VOC) to validate ideas. Works well autonomously and in a team, leads change by promoting the value of transformation.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in the typical conditions of a manufacturing environment including seasonal variation in temperatures and occasional exposure to manufacturing fumes or by-products. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."