At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
As a senior member of the MFS Talent Development team, you will contribute to the execution of the talent strategy. You will be responsible for designing and delivering global learning and leadership development services that align with company-wide strategies focused on employee development, career development, leadership development, succession management and performance management. Serve as an advisor to MFS' business leaders, HR leaders and HR Business Partners. Act as a change agent, facilitator, coach and consultant to guide managers and employees in the effective use of performance-based strategies, tools and techniques.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of enterprise-wide employee development, including the design, development, implementation and measurement of global, enterprise-wide, multi-modal employee, career development and leadership development programming.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of enterprise-wide performance management process, including structure, process and tool design and improvement, as well as partnering with HR team and business leaders to execute and continuously monitor effectiveness.
- Consult with HR partners and business leaders to identify specific learning needs and interventions in order to provide solutions and resources that positively impact results and performance gaps. Make recommendations for interventions (both training and non-training), implement and facilitate training interventions; identify resources needed to implement non-training and organizational development interventions.
- Design and incorporate effective communication and feedback methods for development programs and learning experiences. Ensure these measures are relevant to changing business needs.
- Identify and research external resources to meet specific needs, overseeing the selection and partnership with outside developmental resources as needed. Conduct external research and benchmarking to ensure content and delivery models are positioned to deliver best-in-class results. Establish and maintain strong external business partner relationships.
- Provide functional leadership and subject matter expertise, in partnership with the HR Business Partner team, to execute talent initiatives. Serve as company and industry expert maintaining a strong understanding of the training industry with a particular emphasis on the overall trends in the talent development landscape.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred, or equivalent experience with Adult Learning, Human Resources Management, Education or related field.
- Minimum of seven years of learning and development, organizational development and/or performance consulting in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated track record of aligning development to business outcomes and realizing measurable impact. Able to align to a larger strategy and work within the strategic direction.
- In-depth knowledge of succession management and leadership development methodologies and practices.
- Consultative approach with the ability to assess client needs, develop and deliver appropriate development interventions to address client needs.
- Seasoned instructional designer. Adept at developing curriculum, performance support and blended solutions.
- Seasoned facilitator. Adept at facilitating across multiple levels of audiences - including all aspects of knowledge sharing, knowledge transfer, experiential learning, and learning through group/team exercises.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: must be able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships at all organizational levels. Experienced at coaching senior levels for individuals and teams/groups.
- Strong track record of execution and project management, analytical and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Understanding of global workforce challenges.
- Must be willing to travel to deliver training programs and attend industry meetings as needed.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.