Role and Responsibilities
Our Team in Dallas is Growing!! We have multiple Full Time positions available!
In this role, the Simulator Flight Instructor will be responsible for the delivery of training primarily in a flight simulator or other training device, but also when required in ground school, in accordance with the appropriate regulatory and customer requirements.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of FAA Part 142 training curriculum to customers on the E170 platform.
- Conduct pre and post flight simulator briefings in a thorough, professional manner and in accordance with CAE standards.
- Conduct each simulator session in accordance with the CAE, aircraft manufacturer or the customers' Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Provide instruction for initial, transition, upgrade and recurrent flight training in accordance with FAA, Transport Canada and Company policies and procedures
- Provide flight training in accordance with the CAE 14 CFR142 Manual and 121 Regulations
- Ensure that all required training and/or checks are properly documented
- Maintains proficiency as an Instructor as required by 14 CFR 142 and 121
- Promote crew resource management (CRM) principles
- Monitor and assist with administrative programs in all areas of flight training as required
- Completes daily pre-training checks
- Other duties as assigned by the Training Manager
- Experience as a simulator instructor in transport category airplanes
- Strong preference for FAA ATPL & E170 type ratings - need not be current
- Previous FAR 121 and/or CAR 705 experience as a flight crew officer
- Aeronautical experience according to 14 CFR 61.159
- If not typed on the E170, candidate must be willing to get typed on the A220 program through CAE or CAE-partner programs.
- Prior to initial accreditation, satisfied the initial instructor/evaluator training requirements
- Ability to work flexible hours which can include, mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends
- PC Computer skills - Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ready to work night shifts as required by simulator availability.
- Bachelor degree in job-related field or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.