Location:Orlando Airport, Orlando FL,Florida,United States
We Elevate... You
Our mission is to keep cities and people around the world moving. Since 1874 Schindler has an outstanding reputation for not only elevating buildings, but the well-being of everyone who lives and works in them. Do you have the talent, ambition, and vision to help us elevate tomorrow's world?
Find out more about us here - or
As a leading employer in the urban mobility industry, we are always looking for a diverse group of people who can create exceptional value for our customers.
Join us as a
Associate Field Superintendent - EI
The Associate Field Superintendent, Existing Installations (EI) is responsible for the servicing and repair of all assigned units so as to conform to customer and Company requirements as related to quality improvement, safety, cost improvement and customer satisfaction in support of Area objectives. He/she is also responsible for employee selection, training and safety for all assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (In order of importance, including only usual duties and responsibilities.)
- Ensure that maintenance meets Area and Company quality standards and meets all contract requirements.
- Implement customer and Company requirements for quality, performance reliability and passenger safety for each project under his/her supervision.
- Implement EEO/AA requirement consistent with Area and/or State and Federal requirements.
- Support sales staff in estimating service orders, scheduling and executing orders, and investigating and resolving customer complaints. This specific position may include a sales role depending on the candidate.
- Manage ongoing program of project audit so as to assure conformance of performance standards of quality, completeness and safety.
- Develop and implement program of manpower selection, training and performance appraisal essential to productivity and quality improvement objectives.
- Implement route management strategy in support of ensuring uniform application of preventive maintenance procedures while controlling manpower to minimum level.
- Develop spirit of teamwork and dedication to quality improvement among all employees.
- Evaluate and initiate requests for tooling where such tooling would support productivity improvement.
- Maintain and manage pro-active relationships with local IUEC business agent.
- Advise Area management of competitor activity as related to pricing, performance and manpower
- Required level of education to perform the essential functions including any specialized education requirements, licenses and/or certificates.
- Must have a minimum high school education. Minimum two to three years' experience in installation and service of elevators/escalators. Minimum of one year as lead mechanic to demonstrate leadership ability.
- Minimum work experience required including any specific job related experience and years of experience, which would serve as acceptable pre-requisites.
- Requires a working knowledge of elevators and escalators to manage and direct field personnel to meet Area goals. Must have ability to communicate
well, both verbally and in writing and have proven leadership skills.
- Must have the necessary skills and experience to interpret customer concerns then mobilize the necessary internal resources in a way that customer satisfaction is assured while cost and Human Resources disruption is minimized. The field Superintendent must be able to make sound judgments as related to motivation, training and work assignments for all employees within his/her responsibility, while, at the same time, adjusting manpower to a minimum level and meeting and/or exceeding customer requirements.
- Must be able to teach the hourly employees the Company's methods of quality, productivity and safety. He/she must be able to persuade the hourly field to follow practices and procedures that will foster teamwork and improve quality and productivity.
Must be able to communicate with and influence business agents, inspectors, etc., in resolving disputes. He/she must be able to demonstrate to customers that they are receiving fair value for their expenditures.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans - All benefits effective from first day of hire
- Generous Paid Time Off (All employees start with 3 weeks of vacation which then increases with tenure in addition to sick days, floating holidays and 8 Company Observed Holidays)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Eligible after 6 months of service)
- Parental Leave - 100% base pay for 6 consecutive weeks within first year of a child's birth or adoption
- 401k Plan: Eligible and company match and vesting on first day of employment
- Company Match: 100% on first 4% of employee contributions than 50% on the next 6% of employee Contributions
- If an employee contributes 10%, Schindler matches 7%
Will you join us and elevate tomorrow's World?
We look forward to receiving your complete online application.
For questions, please contact Eric E Martinez, (+1) 973/397-6314
At Schindler Group we value inclusion and diversity, and practice equity to create equal opportunities for all. We endeavor that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, ethnic background, color, religious affiliation, union affiliation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, nationality, genetics and health, disability or veteran status.
If you would like assistance with the application process for this position, please contact the recruiter highlighted above who will be happy to help.