What We're Building
Honeycomb is a service for the near and present future, redefining observability and raising expectations of what our developer tools can do for us! We're working with well known companies like Epic Games, CCP Games, Odyssey Interactive, and more. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we've closed Series C funding, scaled past 100-person mark, and named to ! In the Strategic Account Executive/Leader role, you'll be a joining a growing Industry Vertical sales team, helping us to enable positive, life-changing moments for the people who develop and ship software.
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We're a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1.What You'll Do In Role:
What You'll Bring:
- Interact with a select list of named prospect accounts, utilizing a consultative approach to identify pain points and challenges that Honeycomb can help solve.
- Develop and execute strategic, complex sales: think, plan, document, present, negotiate, close, leverage, retain, grow, and scale.
- Evangelize Honeycomb Observability practices, challenge legacy thinking and competitive FUD.
- Acquire understanding of prospective customer technology stacks, create points-of-view on rationale for Honeycomb solutions, resulting in prospective customer technical validation of Honeycomb's Enterprise offer.
- Develop value-driven relationships, securing new business and and maximizing revenue potential within install base. Scale existing footprints and relationships with the world's largest game developers/publishers.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to support business priorities, optimize processes, and achieve OKRs.
- Sell Honeycomb solutions, and over-achieve quarterly and annual quotas.
- Contribute to a deeper understanding of industry pain points, and identify adjacent applications for Honeycomb solutions.
- Deliver on Honeycomb's mission to eliminate toil and delight users.
What You Get When You Join The Hive!
- A passion for the people who make video games and the games community, and experience selling into gaming companies/publishers is a huge plus.
- 7+ years as a top quota carrying direct sales executive, with a track record of outperforming targets and annual quotas.
- 3+ years, working with Technical Operations, Software Developers, and/or Site Reliability Engineers either as a practitioner or as a provider to these personas.
- Strategic thinking + a humble attitude toward digging in and doing the work. Resilient, resourceful, and collaborative.
- Proven success in selling innovative solutions/services to game developers and publishers. A strong network and positive reputation in the games industry.
- Clear, concise, and polished communication style, and professional presence.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize modern sales technologies in your sales process. Advanced user of Gong, SFDC, Slack, Twitter, Intercom. Reddit and Discord a plus.
- Focus. Able to deliver on expectations, in a rapidly expanding and changing environment.
- Familiarity with software languages, e.g. Python, Go, .NET; software development, and game development frameworks.
- Public Cloud Experience, e.g. prior work experience at Cloud provider, using Cloud services, or having earned a Cloud certification.
- Ability to travel and attend in person events.
- On Target Earnings (50/50 split) of $275,000 - $350,000.
- A stake in our success - generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It's not about how strong of a negotiator you are - our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market - no matter of where you live (or move)!
- 401k plan to help you plan for your future
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge - Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Pick Your Perk - $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K 'wallet' to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) - so you know where you stand, and how you'll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don't need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email to discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is ; if we can do better - we want to know!