As part of this role you will:
- Provide excellent customer service by:
- Developing new and nurturing a high number of existing relationships.
- Working with applicants and communicating information concerning their business needs as well as assessing credit risk.
- Reviewing financials with customers and providing advice as necessary.
- Providing additional support and assistance on any requests made to complete or approve requests.
- Assisting customers with follow up on action items.
- Contribute to operation and bank success by:
- Remaining current and updated on developing trends.
- Implementing an effective sales and marketing strategy to develop new and existing relationships.
- Identifying and developing prospects into meaningful new relationships with yearly goals for income production.
- Maintaining compliance on behalf of the organization.
- Being directly accountable for loss prevention.
- Determining necessary action to be taken on all loans, includes resolving marginal and delinquent loans.
- Demonstrate strength in the following areas:
- Embracing technology to process and service clients and customers.
- Handling a high volume of new and existing relationships.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently via virtual interactions.
- Understanding and appreciating the value of all size clients.
To be successful in this position, we require the following:
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- Three (3) or more years of commercial banking or related experience
The following would be a plus:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Credit Analyst experience.
First Merchants offers the following:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Additional Benefits
A little about us:
First Merchants is guided by a genuine philosophy of being a meaningful place to work and having a prosperous impact across all walks of life throughout the communities we serve, including consumers, businesses and other organizations. Our Vision, Mission and Team statement reflect and reinforce that authentic service philosophy.
Our Vision is:
To enhance the financial wellness of the diverse communities we serve.
Our Mission is:
To be the most responsive, knowledgeable, and high-performing bank for our clients, teammates, and shareholders.
We are a collection of dynamic colleagues with diverse experiences and perspectives who share a passion for positively impacting lives. We are genuinely committed to attracting and engaging teammates of diverse backgrounds. We believe in the power of inclusion and belonging.
Apply today to begin your career with us!
Bachelors of Business Management (required)
Three (3) or more years of commercial banking or related experience. (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).