JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The Director of the Commercial Center of Excellence (CCOE) will be responsible for establishing and leading a cross-functional, centralized CCOE that is responsible for setting and directing sales operations, developing a customer insights & analytics function, and enabling the salesforce with sales administration, capability-building, and tool/collateral development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Defines the specific capabilities-tools, skills, roles-required for the CCOE.
- Engages with cross-functional leaders (e.g., marketing, merchandising, pricing) to define the CCOE taxonomy and cross-functional interaction model.
- Establishes the CCOE structure, determines jobs and related duties, and recruits/hires (internally and externally).
- Establishes the cadences and routines with sales and cross-functional customers/stakeholders required to deliver the CCOE's mandate (e.g., sales performance management, value proposition, and continuous improvement process).
- Reviews and optimizes the sales coverage model and structure.
- Assesses, develops, and presents annual impact report for the CCOE with recommendations for continuous improvements, CCOE projects for the coming year, and capability strengths/gaps and associated budget.
- Sets priority CCOE projects for the year and manages the function resource allocation process.
- Conducts post-mortem of areas of success and opportunities for major projects.
- Assesses appropriate level of resourcing and ways of collaborating with sales & BU's.
- Ensures each function (sales operations, sales enablement & customer insights/analytics) delivers mandates. Assesses and reports quarterly KPIs for the COE and the value it is providing to business units.
- Drives COE function work-planning and prioritization across tasks and projects.
- Facilitates period meetings with business leadership and ensures routine sales operating processes are executed.
- Conducts checkpoints with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure timely progress goal achievement.
- Demonstrates integrity and trust, respect and appreciation of colleagues, and managerial courage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- 10 years of commercial support function experience.
- 5 or more years of leadership experience in progressively increasing roles.
- 4 or more years' experience working in a Commercial Center of Excellence or associated function (e.g., sales operations).
- Deep familiarity with leading sales/commercial tools and systems (e.g., Salesforce, Tableau, Alteryx).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience establishing and/or leading a routine sales performance management process, commercial continuous improvement process, and developing and designing sales coverage models.
- Ability to lead a large organization and influence cross-functional stakeholders to achieve objectives.
- Strong analytics and conceptual problem solving.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of basic business and accounting functions including project management and budgeting.
- Self-motivation and ability to exercise initiatives. Comfort with ambiguity / entrepreneurship.
- Results-oriented within the context of a collaborative team environment.
- Agile and adaptable to the organization's changing needs and ability to balance needs accordingly.
- Office environment
- 25% travel required