Role and Responsibilities
Who We Are:
- CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customers' training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
- CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAE's Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
- CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
What We Have to Offer:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
- A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
- Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
- Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
The Manager, Business Development (BD) will be responsible for growing the Military Training portfolio through focused expansion of the United States Air Force (USAF) F-35 and Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) capabilities as well as the Simulator Common Architectures Requirements & Standards (SCARS) program within the USAF and other DoD Armed Services. The F35 Business Development manager will collaborate with program and functional teams to develop program growth strategies in direct coordination with the USAF customer and lead the strategic effort to introduce CAE's training capabilities to current and new customers. The manager will also be responsible for identifying opportunities for commonality and the expansion of F-35 and SCARS based solutions to enable customers to train for near peer threats. Other responsibilities include opportunity identification and qualification, customer relationship management, competitive intelligence, customer engagement planning, customer analysis, and capture team leadership. This position is intended to be co-located near major customer sites and reports to the Director of Air Force of Strike/C4ISR Strategy and Business Development.
Top Secret Clearance/SCI eligibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Focus primarily on maturing relationships and developing F-35 & SCARS related opportunities with the USAF customer, with a secondary focus on expansion of NGAD related programs and opportunities
- Provide subject matter expertise in flight training technologies and/or flight training systems design relevant to the customer needs and support development of winning technical solutions that comply with the customer requirements and provide compelling demonstrable advantages to CAE proposed solutions
- Be a thought leader in military flight training and have excellent communication and relationship building skills to assist in the shaping and development of customers live, virtual and constructive training opportunities in the Simulation Synthetic Environment (SSE)
- Participate in color reviews to provide unbiased assessment of customer and competitor technology strategy and proposal compliance with customer requirements. Identify key risks and opportunities in the development and execution of flight training programs that add value to current and future programs.
- Demonstrated understanding, knowledge and relationships with USAF's Air Combat Command (ACC), Nellis AFB Virtual Test & Training Center (VTTC), Air Force Material Command (AFMC), Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Program Executive Officers (PEOs), and HQ Air Staff
- Proven knowledge of the USAF acquisition process and industry pursuit cycle with the ability to influence, build relationships, communicate, understand customer needs, and develop winning strategy/solutions
- Develop and nurture relationships with key customers and industry peers at various levels throughout their respective organizations
- Prepare and package concise clear and compelling briefings that include the positioning strategy/plan, customer map, needs, and action plans required to implement a winning strategy
- Generate and communicate business case rationale, risks, and customer value propositions to Senior Leadership and teams
- Generate detailed assessments of the customer landscape through experience, research and engagement
- Analyze and understand the customers' desired capabilities, the competitive environment, and technological trends and incorporate the data into actionable strategies and tactics
- Organize and guide cross-functional teams in developing the strategies and business cases to support positioning and capturing new opportunities
- Support fellow BD leads with adjacent pursuit strategies providing customer and capability subject matter expertise
- Coordinates and leads customer demonstrations and oral presentations
- Leads preparation of a competitor analysis to support capture strategies as necessary
- Works across Segments to define customer problem space and messaging - to include effective customer engagement plan and mapping
- Coordinates development and implementation of marketing communications campaigns to support pursuits
- Strong presentation skills are required to make presentations to potential partners, customers, government entities and internal management at all levels
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and other practices set forth by upper management
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering or another applicable field
- F-35 Instructor experience from a Formal Training Unit, Weapons School, or similar course with the USAF, USMC or USN
- Experience with the Distributed Mission Operations Network (DMON) and Joint Synthetic Environment (JSE)
- Extensive experience with joint training requirements and synthetic training environments
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense acquisition process, export, and policy governing sales of defense equipment
- Understanding of the USAF (DoD) acquisitions process, priorities and the expertise to turn that knowledge into new business through capture management
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills including the ability to generate written material to communicate to customers at all levels, including senior executives
- Experience leading teams and managing budgets
- Demonstrated ability to build customer and industry relationships
- Experience in the training and simulation market a plus and highly desirable
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the year
- Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
- This position is eligible for Skillbridge.
- Master's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of Department of Defense training is experience is preferred. Background in Modeling and Simulation also preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of US DoD training methodology and procurement practices/regulations is preferred.
- Simulation and Training experience
- Understanding of software development, secure networking, cyber security
- Knowledge and experience with Live Virtual and Constructive Training solutions
- Technical/Proposal writing
- Technical presentations
- Relationship development and management
- Business case development
- FMS process understanding
- ITAR familiarity
Must complywith all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to sit and operate a personal computer for long periods.
- Extensive domestic and occasional international travel may be required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.