Date Posted: 3/1/2022 12:00:00 AM
McCoy Construction & Forestry, a John Deere construction & forestry dealership group with 15 locations throughout the Midwest, currently has a Shop Technician position open at our location in Chippewa Falls, WI.
The Shop Technician is responsible for repairing and maintaining electric, diesel and gasoline industrial, construction and forestry equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
construction and forestry equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads job order and observes/listens to equipment in operation to determine the malfunction, and then plans work procedures.
- Installs fuel injection nozzles and pumps, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions, hydraulic systems and component parts.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment, and make adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Removes, replaces, and repairs tires, undercarriages, and earth moving and timber harvesting attachments.
- Maintains and cares for the shop tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs miscellaneous housekeeping duties associated with the job.
- Insures work is performed safely and safe work procedures are followed throughout the department.
- Reads schematics denoting operating specifications for unit or component and type of evaluation required.
- Tests unit for conformance with operating requirements such as specified horsepower and lifting performance.
- Helps ensure that our new and used whole goods are in good working conditions
2-5 years: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; plus a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- This person must possess a valid driver's license and Forklift Certification.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer - Qualified women, minorities and people with disabilities encouraged to apply