Chemical Engineer - Photoconductor Manufacturing
Lexmark is seeking a chemical engineer to work in our photoconductor manufacturing engineering department in Boulder, CO. This engineer will work closely with the rest of the photoconductor manufacturing engineering team, operations, maintenance, product development, product engineering, and others to maintain and improve the photoconductor unit operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Daily engineering support of highly automated coating, mixing, milling, anodizing, solvent recovery, and water purification processes.
- Develops and implements process improvements to processes utilizing DMAIC, A3, Lean, Six Sigma or other systematic problem solving methodologies.
- Designs and implements capital and expense projects to improve quality, reliability, capacity and safety.
- BS or MS degree in Chemical Engineering.
Required Expereience and Background:
- Minimum 2 years of process, manufacturing, or project engineering experience in the chemical industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High energy level, comfortable with broad and diverse responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and successful working independently with a commitment to customers and excellence.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning abilities. Able to deliver process changes and projects after sizing and evaluating multiple solutions.
- Strong ability to problem-solve and resolve situations independently, well organized.
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to deliver results in a collaborative team environment working with peers, management, maintenance, and operators.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work with different levels, functions and a diverse workforce.
- Ability to see the big picture yet deliver results with attention to detail.
- $75,000 - $90,000 based on relevant experience and education.