*COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED*
Patient Services Representative - Pay & Perks
- $2,000 Sign On Bonus and Competitive Pay Based On Experience
- Free Parking
- 1 location near Hilldale Mall!
- Mon-Fri, between 7:30am-5:00pm, Sat morning rotation 8am-12pm
- Paid Time Off – PTO and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance Offered
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Professional Development Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program - EAP
- Employee Referral Program
Patient Services Representative Summary
The Patient Services Representative answers incoming clinic calls; takes messages; schedules appointments for internal medicine and directs calls to the appropriate staff person or department; and is also responsible for patient registration, check in, and payment collection.
Patient Services Qualifications:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Previous experience in a medical, dental, or insurance setting
- PC/typing and telephone experience
- Prior registration, insurance or cash handling experience preferred
- Previous experience with Epic preferred
Patient Services Representative Responsibilities:
- Promptly answers incoming clinic calls, takes messages, and schedules appointments for internal medicine and screens and directs calls to the appropriate staff person or department.
- Checks patients in and verifies patient demographic, insurance and primary care provider information and accurately updates information.
- Registers patients in a friendly, professional manner. Verifies, updates, and/or enters patient demographic, insurance and primary care provider information with a high degree of accuracy. Copies or scans necessary patient documents. Provides patients with required forms and explains financial and clinic policies.
- Reviews patient’s account and provides necessary assistance. Accepts payments in person and over the phone and provides receipt. Collects copays and patient balances. Accurately balances cash drawer at beginning and end of shift. Diffuses difficult patient situations and refers concerns to supervisor.
- Monitors incoming clinic faxes and routes to appropriate Care Team Representative.
- Cross-trains in other departments.
WHY WORK AT ASSOCIATED PHYSICIANS?
Some of the most skilled, compassionate and respected physicians in Madison practice under our roof. Associated Physicians, LLP is Dane County's longest-serving independent, multi-specialty healthcare provider. We have proudly served generations of families in Madison and surrounding communities. We provide convenient, comprehensive primary care, specialty care and more all in one convenient location.