Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002...
...What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have a real passion for being part of a creative, forward thinking organization estimating some of the highest profile, diverse projects in the industry, while utilizing the most efficient and up to date technology?
Mortenson is currently seeking an Estimator who will be responsible for preparing estimates for EV charging and microgrid projects. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with engineers, trade partners, suppliers, and staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to be inventive, self-starting, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
What will you be doing?
Your organization, flexibility, extraordinary customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Building project estimates utilizing EV charging and micro-grid project technical solutions including but not limited to generators, battery storage, solar and hydrogen
- Conceptual estimating experience
- Self-perform electrical estimating experience
- RFQ Scope writing
- Complete quantity take-offs and summations of materials, often from limited design information requiring strong problem-solving skills
- Collaborate with Design Phase Managers and Application Engineers to determine most cost-effective infrastructure solutions
- Attend bidder site visits, thus requiring critical analysis of how proposed infrastructure can be designed to suit the site
- Meeting with potential customers to present and analyze pricing
- Solicit vendors and trade partners, obtain bid estimates, schedule and lead time projections for preparing vendor and trade partner proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets
- Preparing, organizing, and coordinating Request for Quote documents and schedules, utilizing schedule information to estimate General Contractor's and other items where schedule is important
- Determine all pricing options and the appropriate price for the project
- Data input into estimating software program(s)
- Perform archive filing and historical cost data gathering
- Interpret cost/ labor reports and utilize for self-perform estimate
- Participate in and eventually lead plan and estimate review meetings, other project review meetings, and site investigations, as needed
- Support and eventually lead gathering information from local government and private entities that may affect project (i.e. permits, hearings, etc.)
- Help manage Addendum log and documents from customers/clients
- Provide direction and training to new Estimators as they join the team
How will you succeed?
Minimum 3-4 years of estimating or one-year construction operations experience, including exposure to materials management and project operations
- Current driver's license
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and handle multiple project tasks
- Applicable mathematical skills
- Familiarity with building/estimating techniques and software: Word, Excel, Bid2Win, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, Google Earth, Building Connected, and Smartsheet
- Positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Associate's degree or better in Estimating or Construction Management or similar or equivalent experience.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.