Role and Responsibilities
Who We Are:
* CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customers' training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
* CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAE's Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
* CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
What We Have to Offer:
* Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
* A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
* Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
* Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
Making the transition from Military to Civilian life is exciting and CAE is proud to help. In partnership with the Skillbridge program, CAE provides an opportunity to make that transition even more seamless. As a Skillbridge intern at CAE you will learn how to leverage your technical and leadership skills in the civilian world with the goal of joining our team full time at the conclusion of your internship.
DoD Skillbridge Eligibility:
* Has served at least 180 days on active duty
* Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
* Will receive an honorable discharge
* Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
* Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
* Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD Skillbridge Program prior to start of internship
As an Integration Test Engineer at CAE, you are part of the program team which strives to, not only meet, but exceed our customers' expectations. Test Engineers support flight training devices and associated sub-components, including instruments, panels, and fully integrated cockpits and work closely with Hardware, Systems and Software Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Troubleshoot and perform maintenance procedures for reconfigurable simulators
* Provide inputs to technical documents
* Work in an integrated product team environment
* Plan and maintain the schedules and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* BS degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience
* 7+ years aircraft avionics or test equipment experience
* Experience using general test equipment, such as digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
* Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings, BOMs, Engineering Orders, wiring lists, diagrams, schematics
* Understanding of digital electronics, electrical and mechanical operations and repair.
* Experience working in a production environment
* Excellent communication skills including written, interpersonal and team communication abilities
* Active DoD Secret Clearance within a five-year investigation period
* Flexibility to support occasional overtime, weekend work, shift work and site travel (CONUS)
* Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
* Avionics experience working with Technical Orders
* Knowledge of different testing methodologies (e.g., White/Gray/Black box testing)
* Prior Military Experience
* Licensed pilot
Must complywith all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
* Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to lift 50lbs
* Must have color vision
* Must be able to discern various aircraft aural cues
* Must occasionally move items over 100lbs with assistance
* Must be able to see clearly at close range
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.