The Land Planning/Landscape Architecture Team Lead will fill a leadership role within our Land Development Practice and will be responsible for bringing technical excellence, top level client care, and employee development. This is an entrepreneurial opportunity to lead and grow a Colorado based Land Planning and Landscape Architecture team within our existing national team.
The ideal candidate will be local to the Denver Metro area with client relationships and project resumes. This position will be located in our growing Greenwood Village, CO office. On a case by case basis, Merrick offers a hybrid work environment with the flexibility to work from home and in the office.
This Leader will have a portfolio of projects for which they have final responsibility for delivering to clients. Within that portfolio, they will be responsible for team goals, key success factors, internal communications, subcontract coordination, quality control, drawing and specification production, and schedules.
The successful candidate
- Must have strong capabilities in master planned communities and residential development, quality control, standards development, planning and design process optimization, and technical delivery mentorship.
- This is an external client facing role with a focus on developing new business.
- Must understand the importance of Business Development and project management for A-E firms, managing budgeted design effort, and demonstrate skills in multi-discipline teams.
- Must be willing to work in a design team environment, including directing the work of junior landscape architects, and delegating work as required.
- Meets with clients to prepare and or validate proposed scope of work.
- Prepares fee proposals for planning and landscape architecture work.
- Ensures internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs.
- Stays within established schedule and budget.
- Participation in the negotiation of contracts.
- Mentorship for our Colorado Land Development team.
- Collaboration with Merrick's entire Infrastructure Engineering team which includes land development, transportation, surface water, and whitewater consulting services.
- Collaboration with Merrick's High Performance Facilities Business Unit that works primarily on site design for federal agencies including the DoD (USACE, AFCEC, NAVFAC) and NASA.
- Develops Talent and Drives Engagement
- Cultivates Innovation
- Sound Decision Making
- Collaborates, Values Differences, and Gains Trust
- Resourceful in Driving Results
- Optimizes Work Processes
- A Bachelor's Degree in landscape architecture, land planning or related discipline from an ASLA accredited school is required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of planning and private development industry experience, including experience related to master planned communities and single family residential development.
- Licensed Landscape Architect required.
- Must have 5 years of technical and professional mentoring experience.
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, & SketchUp.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred.
- Local candidates with deep local client relationships and project resume strongly preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
- Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) opportunity, 401(k) options, and paid time off (PTO). This position is also eligible for annual performance and spot bonuses.
- Typical salary range for this position is $105,000-$135,000. The pay range listed in this posting indicates the position's eligibility to work in the state of Colorado and is consistent with our offices there; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training as well as coaching and peer mentoring programs.
- Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.