You already know this is a great place to work. Here is an opportunity to grow your career.
Structural Group Manager - Kansas / Missouri
We have a career opportunity to hire an experienced Structures Group Manager in our Kansas/Missouri Division (Preference in Kansas City, but Wichita, Topeka and Manhattan are alternate locations). This position offers opportunities to work with local agencies and DOTs on a variety of complex structures projects involving structural replacement design, bridge inspection, and associated rehabilitation and repairs. In addition to horizontal structural design, the position provides opportunity to work on vertical design projects as well with public and private clients.
The most successful candidate will be a licensed Professional Engineer and have significant experience in client development and pursuing, managing, designing, and providing structural engineering services for public agencies, including DOTs, counties, and municipalities. As a Group Manager, team building, and management are also essential requirements. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated to begin assuming staff management, client management and client development responsibilities.
The Impact You Will Have:
What We Are Looking For:
- Manage and grow the Kansas/Missouri Division Structural Engineering Group, including the design, inspection, and rehabilitation service lines
- Manage project teams, accountable for staffing, budget, and schedule across multiple offices
- Contribute to local, regional, and corporate strategic growth initiatives including the expansion of bridge and structural design services within Kansas, Missouri, and our West region
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing clients
- Represent Benesch at industry and professional engagement events
- Identify opportunities and lead strategic project pursuits
- Collaborate on regional growth strategy
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or related discipline
- Professional Engineer licensure in Kansas and/or Missouri
- Proven experience working with the KDOT/MoDOT (Staff Bridge), various KDOT/MoDOT Divisions, and/or local agencies
- Experience, desired but not required, in alternative delivery of projects including design-build, CMGC, and other delivery methods.
- Experience, desired but not required, with providing bridge inspection services.
- Experience with writing and preparing technical reports associated with structural and other civil engineering disciplines which may be a deliverable during a feasibility, conceptual or discovery phase
- Experience developing scope of service documents and accompanying man hour budgets
- Progressive experience working directly with clients developing relationships, with proven ability to win work
- Excellent communication, business development, project management, and client relation skills
- Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills with a track record for understanding and adhering to contractual requirements
- Ability to lead, manage, mentor, and grow a dynamic team
- Strong understanding of project financials and reporting; maintaining compliance with Division and Project financial objectives including Chargeability, Profit, Overhead
- Participate in local civic and professional organizations such as the chamber of commerce, ACEC, ASCE, NSPE to promote the Company
- Experience with asset management principles and structural applications for private and public clientele
- Ability to write and prepare effective and efficient project proposals and non-technical documents
- Experience with value engineering principles and applications as it pertains to structural design
- Experience with Deltek Software/Suite and ability to run reports for management responsibilities
- Review and assess professional services contracts and other project-related documentation to identify and minimize company risk or liability.
- Ability to identify contract issues or key points to ensure compliance with company policy, laws, and regulations.