Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
We are looking for a Transportation Engineering Graduate to join our Transportation Planning. The Transportation group within GHD Canada works with Provincial, Regional, and local municipal transportation agencies on large scale projects across the whole Transportation spectrum of highways, roads and bridges, transit infrastructure, transportation planning and roundabouts. Our team provides integrated transportation services throughout the project lifecycle from initial policy, transportation economics and business case advice, through concept, Environmental Assessment, detailed design and construction administration.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the collection of traffic count and parking data
- Prepare inventories of road facilities and transit services
- Undertake research and analysis of land use, demographic and travel data
- Determine requirements and broader transportation impact for proposed developments
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of travel forecasts
- Develop and assess alternative road improvements
- Develop preliminary road designs, prepare technical memos, reports and graphics
- Incorporate transit, pedestrian, transportation demand management strategies and active transportation into studies
- Provide traffic engineering services for Environmental Assessments, Preliminary and Detail roadway projects
- Review and develop on-site circulation plans
- Prepare parking justification and loading studies
- Perform intersection operations analysis
- Conduct traffic modelling including traffic operational assessment and microsimulation
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- College or university graduate in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology with transportation courses, transportation experience or transportation interest.
- Experience with AutoCAD or GIS is an asset
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong report/letter/technical memo writing skills along with strong verbal communications
- Performs well independently as well as in a team environment
- Familiarity with Ontario Traffic Manuals, particularly Book 7, Book 15 and Book 18.3