The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with a general understanding of basic accounting principles. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be task oriented with prior Accounts Payable experience. Basic financial systems knowledge and the ability to adapt to a continuously changing work environment are essential. In order to provide comprehensive deductions guidance to execute, support, and grow the business, the candidate must be able to successfully develop and foster relationships both inside and outside of Armada, and be comfortable presenting to and speaking with Armada leadership.
- Supervise a team of 2+ AP team personnel and the entire "procure-to-pay" process.
- Oversees reports regarding cash flow; ensures correct payments are made in a timely manner.
- Updates and maintains procedures to provide consistent processes with strong internal control environment. Recommends enhancements to the current control environment as applicable.
- Assist with educating organization and external stakeholders on compliance "procure-to-pay" policies.
- Recommends projects for continuous improvements in the areas of technology systems, procedures, and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines, add efficiency, and automate.
- Reports on key performance indicators as well as special supplemental analyses upon request. Specific focus will be on actionable trend analysis, root cause analysis, and opportunities to reduce exposure and expense. Recommends course of action to achieve success in those areas.
- Prepares historical trend analysis reporting of various "procure-to-pay" activity. Performs root cause analysis to drive proactive solutions to systemic problems. Identifies areas of opportunity to reduce exposure and expense, recommends course of action to achieve reduction.
- Establishes strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to increase success in the periodic escalation of deductions resolution.
- Act with integrity and trust, modeling behavior that respects our employees, peers and customers in accordance with the core values of our company.
- Coaches and evaluates direct employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Responsive, assertive, and courteous but firm in managing relationship with customers, suppliers, and internal cross functional partners.
- Adheres to finance policies, procedures and internal controls.
Education and Experience Requirement
- Associates Degree in Business, Accounting, Financial Administration OR 5+ years of high volume AP experience
- BS/BA Degree Bus Admin, Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of supervisory / management experience (preferred)
Language and Technical Skills requirement
- Transaction oriented with detailed understanding of process flows
- Well-developed analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work with cross-functionally
- Knowledge of JD Edwards ERP preferred
- Knowledge of Concur Expense Reporting
- Basic MS Excel knowledge
- Motivated and intellectually curious
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting, and computer/phone usage.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Its contents imply no contractual obligation and may be changed by the company at any time.