Employment Type: Full Time
Clearance Requirements: Public Trust
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Eligible for Remote Work: Yes
Goldbelt C6 offers research and development, engineering, and logistics services that enhance and enlarge customers' operations. C6's expertise is focused on integrating C6ISR and scientific, engineering, and technical support for various government partners. The experts at C6 are research and data-driven and ready to create custom solutions.
We are looking for an Epidemiologist II to assist in advancing mumps outbreak response and surveillance efforts aimed at reducing the burden of mumps outbreaks on health departments and improving surveillance to inform national vaccine policy. This opportunity is in the Viral Vaccine Preventable Diseases Branch (VVPDB), Division of Viral Diseases (DVD) of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD).
The estimated end date of this position is June 3, 2023.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support surveillance for the domestic mumps program.
- Support mission critical activities related to varicella and mumps VPD outbreak and surveillance programs for mumps and provide surge capacity for varicella and measles.
- Liaise between laboratory and epidemiology teams for mumps within VVPDB.
- Provide guidance to health department inquiries for the control of mumps cases.
- Support health departments to improve surveillance.
- Deploy for emergency response for mumps outbreaks or other agency priorities.
- Lead activities for data management and integration for mumps across surveillance systems.
- Disseminate information rapidly to the public regarding varicella and mumps through CSTE and other VPD stakeholders.
- Manage the Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity activities for the mumps programs.
Necessary Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong data management, (data ingestion, data cleaning, and database architecture (complex relational))
- Strong analytics skills, experience generating descriptive epidemiologic analysis and advanced analysis (e.g., regression, time series, spatial etc.)
- Master's degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience for carrying out epidemiological work, surveillance activities and data management.
- Advanced proficiency using various statistical software (SAS, R, SPSS, Stata, etc.)
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication in interpersonal exchanges.
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy and work professionally with a highly educated, scientific customer base in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, be solution-oriented, motivated, and committed to customer and company success.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment while balancing multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent judgment and decision making, with strong analytical skills; business intuition and business acumen.
- Ability to obtain and maintain CDC Clearance.
- Experience with vaccine preventable diseases.
- Prior experience working with the CDC is highly desired to understand the culture and environment.