The Administrative Assistant II provides administrative support to executive-level leadership; acts as the liaison between the administrator and other parties; monitors assigned programs and projects; ensures smooth and efficient operation of the assigned department.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Instructional Support.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Job-related experience within the specialized field with increasing levels of responsibility required.
- Coordinates meetings and activities in support of assigned administrative personnel's operational activities.
- Evaluates interactions, situations, and events (e.g. involving other staff, students, parents, the public, etc.) and take appropriate actions and/or direct them to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Maintains a wide variety of files and records (manual/computer; confidential/non-confidential) (e.g. budget, purchase orders, payroll, etc.) to provide documentation in accordance with administrative and legal requirements.
- Maintains the inventory of office supplies for the purpose of ensuring items' availability.
- Monitors assigned departmental activities and/or program components (e.g. payroll, travel arrangements and reimbursements, meetings, events, etc.) to ensure goals are achieved, target dates are met and financial, legal, and/or administrative requirements are satisfied.
- Prepares a wide variety of written materials (e.g. Board Summaries, reports, memos, letters, financial information, minutes, etc.) to document activities, provide written references, and/or convey information.
- Processes a wide variety of documents and materials (e.g. payroll adjustments, leave slips, employment verifications, course reimbursement, budget adjustments, etc.) to disseminate information in compliance with the program, district, state, and/or federal requirements.
- Researches a wide variety of topics (e.g. current practices, policies, education codes, etc.) to provide information for addressing a variety of administrative requirements.
- Responds to a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) to provide information, facilitate communication among parties, and/or provide direction.
- Serves as a resource to other support staff to provide direction and/or technical support with assignments.
- Relieves assigned administrator of routine administrative tasks.
- Assists other personnel as may be required to ensure an efficient and effective work environment.
- Attends meetings and workshops to record events, and convey and/or receive information.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
Public Health Compliance
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.