Allegheny Intermediate Unit
Job Title: Preschool Early Intervention Itinerant Special Education Teacher/Countywide
Position Summary: To conduct screenings and in-depth evaluations for intake and in-program children and deliver specially designed instructions/consultation to eligible young children in the community settings: preschool, childcare, or home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Valid PA certification in Special Education PK-8 required
2. Valid PA certification in Early Childhood PK-4 preferred
3. Experience working with the preschool population in Early Childhood Environments preferred
4. Effective verbal and written communication skills
5. Ability to build trust and positive working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholder groups
6. Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, while remaining logical and interpersonal
7. Excellent collaboration and leadership skills
8. Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
9. Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative, and responsible
10. Ability to travel throughout the County required
11. Ability to comply with the AIU Conduct policy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Disclaimer: The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position.
Reports To: Supervisor of Special Education
Department: PRESCHOOL EARLY INTERVENTION
Position Schedule: August to August, 190 days
Salary: Per the AIUEA Bargaining Unit Agreement
Benefits: Per the AIUEA Bargaining Unit Agreement
To Apply: Create an on-line application and upload a cover letter, resume and transcripts at .
Please send any questions to:
The Allegheny Intermediate Unit is an equal opportunity education institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, handicap, or limited English proficiency in its educational programs, services, facilities, activities or employment practices as required by Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Section 504 Regulations of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1975, Section 204 Regulations of the 1984 Carl D. Perkins Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or any other applicable federal or state statute.