Chief Quality Inspector
Miramar, FL, USA
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
SUMMARY: The Chief Inspector is directly responsible to the Quality Manager for the operation of the Quality System and serves as back up to the Quality Manager. The Chief Inspector verifies compliance with all pertinent Federal Aviation Regulations, and any other foreign Civil Aviation Regulations and applicable manufacturers' specifications and Air Carriers requirements. Additionally, it is the responsibility of the Chief Inspector to ensure that product integrity and requirements are achieved by all Quality and Operations Personnel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for assisting in inspection procedures, vendor review, technical libraries, training records, overall FAR compliance, reliability monitoring, calibration and record keeping of tools and equipment, standard practices, and procedures.
- Ascertain that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work and that the proper inspectionrecords,reportsandformsusedbytherepairstationarecorrectlyexecutedpriorreleasingthe product for return to service.
- Assists in maintaining a current file for pertinent Federal Aviation Regulations, Specifications, Type Certification Data Sheets and Airworthiness Directives.
- Assure that periodic checks are made on all inspection tools and the calibration of precision test equipment used by the repair station.
- Determines that no defective, unserviceable or un-airworthy parts are installed in any component or articles released by the repair station.
- Responsible for issuing and maintaining Corrective Actions.
- Knowledge to establish standards based on past customer corrective actions and requests.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning and laying out the details of inspection standards, methods and procedures used by the repair station in complying with all applicable FAR, manufacturer's recommendations, and customer requirements.
- Provides training, current and recurrent.
- Responsible for the workflow and inspector's actions at final inspection release of components for return to service.
- Communicating with VSE Management, FAA, other NAA, internal and external customers to resolve issues discovered prior to and after release of articles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6-7 years of relevant/technical work experience OR
- An additional 3 years of specific work experience in lieu of degree.
- Documented Technician experience.
- Experience in communicating with FAA and other Foreign NAA.
- Ability to obtain Repairman's License.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and scheduling applications
- Master's degree
- 9+ years of FAA 145 MRO inspection duties in like type units released by VSE
- A&P License.
- Experience with ISO/ Lean practices.
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Inspector, Tester, Sorter, Sampler and Weigher