Are you looking for an opportunity to move your career forward with an established industry leader? Join our team at Zalk Josephs Fabricators! Zalk Josephs Fabricators has been in the structural steel fabrication business for over a century and supplies structural steel across the Midwest. The Zalk Josephs team has built their reputation on proven performance, meeting their customer's stringent demands at highly competitive prices.
Aids in the production of shop and field drawings; prepare in process documents to align with scheduling efforts.
- Coordinates material purchases, forecasting and tracking while observing and performing physical inventory duties.
- Updates and audits safety postings and procedures in the plant, safety manual, and SDS binders. Print Room Support - Processes and document shop and erection drawings for approval and release for fabrication and submit drawings for field use.
- Print Room Support -Maintain digital files: Design drawings, approval, shop releases, revisions, as built drawings, voided design drawings.
- CNC File Processing Support - CNC/CAM file conversion and processing.
- Procuring job inventory and materials, including quotes & coordination.
- Request for Information (RFI)/Submittal management - including logging, filing, distribution, and follow up.
- Change Order review and take-off.
- Update shop schedule and fabrication hours.
- Monitoring and supporting engineering, fabrication and subcontractor delivery deadlines.
- Manages administrative aspects of contracts (change orders, billing, insurance) by working closely with administrative staff, designers, and project managers.
- Assist in preparing reports for upper management regarding status of projects.
- Performs special projects and completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
- Familiar with reading structural drawings and construction documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as with customers and vendors.
- Detail oriented with the ability to efficiently analyze and organize significant amounts of information regarding plan layouts, material deliveries and jobsite productivities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to travel and work on projects outside of office area.
What we offer you:
- Inclusive Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, and Illness insurance
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- Health Savings Account contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- 401(k) retirement savings program with a company match
- Employee Assistance Program including discounts with major vendors & products
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Competitive time off package including vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Career advancement opportunities with a stable well-established organization
- Tuition reimbursement program and access to LinkedIn Learning courses
- A workspace stocked with refreshments and snacks for a mid-day pick-me-up!
Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
Applications valid through December 31, 2022.
Zalk Josephs Fabricators is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.