At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Site (summer) Intern, we'll count on you to:
* Offer real-world experience on exciting projects
* Connect with recent college graduates and our company leaders through mentoring and young professionals programs
* Perform assignments under the direct supervision of an Architect, Project Manager, or other professionals
* Participate in the architectural design process, and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to client or for agency approval
* Follow through on design development drawings and models, and collaborate with production staff for technical details and completion of construction drawings
* Perform other duties as needed
* Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
* Attention to detail a must
* Must possess strong problem-solving and communication skills
* Basic Microsoft Office skills
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Prefer 2 years completed toward degree with 3.0+ GPA
* Demonstrated knowledge of software packages related to field of study/industry
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.