WANTED:A mission-driven professional with an Active SECRET clearance to become our Army Watercraft Engeineer II, Naval Architect Fort Eustis, VA.
As an Army Watercraft Engineer II, Naval Architect you will:
- Provide Engineering Support Services (ESS)to the US Army Watercraft Program Manager and Army Watercraft Organization.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who care about the quality of our product
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of an Army Watercraft Engineer II, Naval Architect:
- Support Army Watercraft Systems (AWS) overall Program / Project Status including, but not limited to:
- Engineering & Manufacturing Development (EMD) initiatives.
- AWS modernization and Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) initiatives.
- Modular Causeway System (MCS) initiatives.
- Provide Engineering Support Services (ESS) to the US Army Watercraft Program Manager and Army Watercraft Organization.
- Develop / Review AWS Engineering Products:
- Engineering Change Proposals (ECP)
- Technical Software Reviews (TSR)
- Modification Work Orders (MWO)
- Provide On-Site Representative(OSR) waterfront support
- Attend shipyard production meetings and provide daily status to the group
- Support and conduct ship checks for all vessel types
- Support all Army Watercraft vessel types (Landing Craft, Ship-to-Shore, etc)
- Attend and support Critical Design Review (CDR) and Technical Data Package (TDP) Delivery
- Track status of various ongoing AWS modernization and Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) initiatives including:
- Assist in design, development and evaluation of the operation of marine vessels, ship machinery, and related equipment
- Review third party design modifications and improvements to mechanical systems
- Assist with performing design reviews, evaluating constructability, helping resolve technical uses and managing information generated through design and construction phase
- Assist with marine engineering analysis related to vessels
- Help team to create graphical representations of structures
- Inspect equipment or systems
- Research advanced engineering designs or applications
- Support in preparation of technical reports for internal use
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day.
- Forbes National Best Midsize Companies
- Energage National Best Workplaces, National
- Washington Post Best Workplaces
Veteran Hiring Awards:
- U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets Medallion
- BEST FOR VETS by Military Times
- TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com