Itron is seeking an Electrical Test Engineer to join an interdisciplinary research and development team to work with the design, development and improvement of Electricity Metering products.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
* Make assessments of reliability on new products via accelerated life testing and statistical analysis of the results.
* Evaluate from a reliability standpoint, the materials and techniques used in production.
* Pursue failure analysis and corrective action with Itron's component suppliers.
* Analyze field returns and drive continuous improvement back to the supplier chain.
* Draw conclusions on the top reliability issues and report findings.
* Make reliability predictions on new and changed designs.
* Determine reliability requirements of components and systems to achieve company, customer and any governmental agency reliability objectives.
* Develop new acceleration techniques and analytical tools to assure the early identification of potential problems with new products, packaging, processes, and product reliability.
* Make recommendations for changes in the selection and application of components and systems.
* Propose changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
* Report on product performance in the field using returns data.
* Correlate field data with manufacturing and engineering information.
* Lead improvement efforts on specific Quality & Reliability issues.
* Provide technical guidance in product analysis techniques.
* Assist with customer specific issues regarding Quality & Reliability.
* Support production via accelerated life testing through on-going monitor programs, quality assessments and sustaining projects.
Experience: 2+ years of experience preferred
Education: Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related electronics field preferred, or Bachelors degree with equivalent experience
Certification(s): American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE), Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
Travel: 1 - 10%
Physical Demands: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
Itron is proud to be an . If you require an accommodation to apply, please contact a recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email .
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: .