Company West Coast Energy Systems
Name EHS Specialist - Energy Systems
Req # 61127
Employment Type Full Time
We are a team of hardworking builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others in our field. We push boundaries and seek opportunities for our products and people to evolve. As an inclusive workplace, we keep equity and respect at the forefront and empower employees to speak up, take accountability, and bring their best energy to work every day. Generac is a place that collaborates, shares successes, and promotes a drive to win while respecting others and supporting growth. Job Summary: The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day environmental, health and safety functions at an assigned location. This includes, but is not limited to, implementing the organization's safety program, working with personnel to maintain a safe and healthy work environment, monitoring the facility and processes for adherence to OSHA, EPA, CA DTSC, DOT, and other local regulations and guidelines. Additionally, this role is responsible for the elimination of industrial incidents, conducting environmental monitoring and reporting, aiding with environmental permit applications, and assisting with internal EHS audits for the facility. This position works closely with cross-functional teams throughout the facility and leads the pursuit of zero incidents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary hazardous waste SME, leading efforts to reduce hazardous waste and implement recycling programs.
- Direct industrial hygiene sampling and support.
- Manage the facility EHS programs.
- Manage and perform the planning, training, inspection, reporting and recordkeeping requirements for all environmental and safety compliance programs.
- Provide engaging environmental, health, and safety leadership to the facility employees.
- Lead Employee Safety Committees.
- Develop and support strategic initiatives designed to produce best in class EHS performance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 year of experience implementing occupational safety and environmental programs
- Ability to travel within the Western States up to 20% of the time.
- Degree in occupational safety, engineering or science related field.
- Experience within a corporate safety role in a manufacturing company.
- Implementation experience with safety related programs (ISO, VPP, etc.).
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of OSHA, EPA, CA DTSC, DOT and local regulations.
- Proven knowledge of safety equipment and standards.
- Excellent working knowledge of ergonomic analysis tools.
- Excellent working knowledge of emergency action planning.
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence management, teams, and individuals across multiple functions within the organization.
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear.The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch, or bend. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in the typical conditions of a manufacturing environment including seasonal variation in temperatures and occasional exposure to manufacturing fumes or by-products. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, appropriate clothing and shields for required tasks, and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
- We are an inclusive company that celebrates differences and keeps equity and respect at the forefront.
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, & 401k
- 401 (k) retirement savings plans with company match
- Medical support programs: Maternity, Diabetes, Treatment Decision Support and more
- Work-life benefits: PTO and Holidays
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."