If you are looking for a home for the best years of your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals, Geosyntec is the place for you! We are seeking an exceptional Experienced Engineer or Geoscientist in Greenville, South Carolina who is a business leader and wants to contribute challenging projects and create innovative solutions. The successful applicant will enjoy a highly competitive benefits package, opportunities for stock options, profit sharing, continuing education, professional growth and opportunities to lead and mentor.
Our client base includes a diverse mix of industrial, institutional and governmental agencies who engage us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaborating and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you will work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and to mentor early career colleagues.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Managing tasks and projects, including planning, and implementing investigation and remediation, budgeting, and adhering to schedule, all the while focusing on quality, client satisfaction and profitability;
- Leading successful business development efforts;
- Developing site-specific remedial and closure strategies for challenging and complex projects, including brownfields redevelopments;
- Analyzing remediation alternatives, conducting feasibility studies, selecting technologies, and conducting remedy implementation cost benefit analyses and reserve estimating;
- Preparing design drawings and bid specifications and managing subcontractor procurement;
- Maintaining client contacts, participating in relevant professional organizations, and attending and presenting at industry events;
- Supervising and mentoring early-career professionals and managing subcontractors;
- Preparing and/or managing technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Writing, reviewing, and effectively managing work documents;
- Preparing for and participating in meetings with clients, regulators, and other stakeholders; and
- At times, job may also include fieldwork including oversight of multimedia environmental sampling, subcontractors, and remediation system construction and operations.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (civil, chemical, or environmental preferred) or geosciences. (required)
- Advanced degree(s) in science or engineering. (preferred)
- Professional registration (such as P.E. or P.G.). (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 8 years (10 years preferred) of direct environmental consulting experience, preferably in the South Carolina and North Carolina marketplaces, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience working along the Greenville-Spartanburg I-85 industrial corridor. (preferred)
- Detailed understanding of applicable South Carolina, North Carolina, and Federal regulations. (required)
- Experience with managing and working as multidisciplinary project teams. (required)
- A history of technical responsibility for scoping, organizing, performing, and delivering one to several major project assignments. (required)
- Demonstrated success developing and managing clients. (required)
- Excellent leadership skills and experience building a practice. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Experience with emerging contaminants and innovative technologies and methods. (preferred)
- Experience with environmental due diligence and regulatory compliance projects. (preferred)
- Experience managing projects, including responsibility for resource allocation, quality, technical oversight, and financial management. (required)
- Experience mentoring and managing professional staff. (preferred)
- Strong oral communication and technical writing skills. (preferred)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.