Direct, supervise, and oversee all operations and operational personnel at a liquid marine terminal.
Manage operational workforce performance, and be mindful of customer issues and business requirements.
Work with lead operator/s and operators to ensure all operational processes are staffed and performed efficiently with qualified personnel
* Effectively interface between upper management, EHS management, human resources, customer service personnel, customers, suppliers, auditors, etc.
* Ensure that operational performance contains high levels of quality, efficiency, safety and effectiveness
* Be available on a 24/7 basis by phone to assist hourly personnel in troubleshooting operational issues
* Ensure staffing, man-hours and costs are in line with budgeted expectations
* Supervise hourly staff in the operation of facility equipment, systems and structures
* Evaluate employee performance and provide training when appropriate
* Conduct routine training sessions
* Develop and maintain individual training files for all employees
* Ensure compliance with all OSHA regulations and environmental guidelines
* Maintain a working environment that fosters a high degree of participation and team work
* Execute safety, environmental and operational reporting requirements
* Work with the ships, barge, and tug captains and shipping agencies to ensure appropriate coordination of marine activities
* Oversee liquid transfer operations and pipeline receipts
* Set and meet strict deadlines
* Conduct performance reviews
* Administer effective coaching and corrective actions as necessary
* Oversee and maintain effective standard operating procedures
* Ensure that site assets are operated in the most cost effective, responsible and reliable manner.
* Coordinate with customer service to ensure customer rail, truck, and pipeline orders are filled correctly and in a timely manner
* Administer Human Resources policies in compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws
* Assist Maintenance Manager in ensuring that site assets are properly maintained to reduce the risk of business loss resulting from downtime.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Must have experience in marine facility operations
* Supervisory experience is preferred; must be able to manage people
* Must be computer literate (word, excel, etc.) and possess basic math skills along with strong mechanical and problem solving skills.
* Must possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
* Must be comfortable with a 24 hour/365 day a year "on call" responsibility to ensure operational readiness of the terminal
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.