Geosyntec, an international geo-environmental consulting firm headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida is seeking a full-time Senior Tax Accountant in Boca Raton, Florida to assist with tax reporting, planning, and compliance functions in accordance with federal, state, local and international regulations. Participate in strategic tax planning under the supervision of the Tax Manager. Prepare and present deliverables on a timely basis in conjunction with appropriately executing work. Inform Tax Manager of any new tax law changes discovered through daily routine tasks. The Senior Tax Accountant will also work closely with the Tax Manager, payroll team, accounting team, and internal clients, external consultants, and personnel from taxing and other regulatory agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
Income Tax Compliance Responsibilities:
- Provide necessary schedules and work papers to outside tax preparers and consultants under the supervision of the Tax Manager, with a professional and courteous attitude;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual income tax provision;
- Assist with the calculation and payment of all required estimated tax payments;
- Assist with international project review and providing proper recommendations;
- Assist in preparing and update supporting documentation for annual transfer pricing compliance report; and
- Assist with responses due to any Federal, state, and/or foreign tax audits.
State/Foreign Tax Compliance Responsibilities:
- Assist with tax filings including, but not limited to: Sales and Use tax, Unclaimed property taxes, Form(s) 1099, Form(s) 1042, Local Business Licenses, etc., in accordance with appropriate regulations;
- Assist with preparation and/or review of tax filings prepared by outside consultants for international Value-Added tax, Goods and Services Tax, Malaysian Service Tax, etc.;
- Assist in the Monitoring of state and foreign tax registrations filed within the company including business registrations, payroll tax, and tax withholding to ensure compliance with tax regulations;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual summaries of US signers of foreign bank accounts (TD F 90-22.1) and
- Assist in the preparation of tax documents such as state correspondence for various taxes, business licenses that contain underlying financial documentation, as well as other non-income tax filings.
Tax Planning Responsibilities:
- Monitor and research changes in applicable tax rates, tax laws and regulations to ensure accuracy of reporting;
- Assist in the research of various federal, state and international tax matters;
- Assist the Tax Manager with the implementation of tax planning initiatives for Federal, state, and international activities;
- Support the Tax Manager with the Company's tax compliance calendar to ensure tax filings and other Company tax-related activities are administered and filed in a timely manner; and
- Research enterprise zone tax benefit qualifications and other applicable credits to reduce business costs in geographical areas.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or tax, and at least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience with individual, partnership and corporate tax returns or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the responsibilities of the position. (required)
- Possess technical knowledge of corporate tax planning and compliance, with an emphasis in income tax accounting and state and local tax apportionment, and an understanding of tax-related GAAP financial reporting requirements and compliance. (required)
- Public accounting experience in a medium or large size CPA firm, or similar responsibility level in a corporate environment. (preferred)
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements. (required)
- Intermediate knowledge of tax software and Microsoft Office. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.