atis looking for a highly motivated and creative bioinformatics research scientist to develop and apply innovative analytical approaches to support correlative science studies. The Cancer Biomarkers Laboratory has a unique mission at St. Jude, enabling primary investigators (who may not have their own lab) to conduct correlative science studies for patients enrolled in clinical trials at St. Jude. Our work supports efforts to accelerate the advancement of cures for pediatric cancer and catastrophic diseases, investigate the toxicity of cancer therapy, and enhance the quality of life for childhood cancer survivors. We provide expert advice, and technological and experimental expertise to support PI's trial objectives. Support extends throughout the entire project lifecycle, from initial study design, protocol development, and method validation, to implementation, interpretation of results, and data delivery.
This is an unrivaled opportunity to engage in the analysis of data generated by genomic, transcriptomic, epigenomic, and single-cell approaches. You will also have opportunities to conduct genomic analysis supporting circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) correlative science studies, and contribute ideas to develop and deploy state-of-art computational infrastructure and analytical pipelines. Candidates with a strong background in cancer genomics, genomics, bioinformatics, or related fields are highly encouraged to apply for this position. Excellent communication skills are essential.
You will work closely with faculty members from different departments and receive mentoring support from faculty scientists with deep experience in data analysis, data management, and delivery of high-quality results. St. Jude provides a highly interactive environment with collaborative opportunities across basic and clinical departments, access to high-performance computing clusters, a cloud computing environment, innovative visualization tools, and highly automated analytical pipelines. This position is located at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, TN, and relocation assistance is available.
- Developing and evaluating analytic tools using next generation sequencing data
- Data visualization
- Statistical approaches for genomic analysis
- Sequence alignment
- Manuscript preparation
- Automate and improve existing analysis methods
- Assist with establishing and documenting protocols or best practices for common research tasks
- Seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required.
- Five (5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a master's degree.
- Two (2) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD.
- Experience in programming (Python, Java, C/C++, perl or other programming/scripting languages) under linux/unix environment is required.
- Experience with statistical analysis package such as R, SAS and Matlab is highly desired.
- Prior experience must include research related to genomics/bioinformatics (such as analysis of DNA and RNA sequencing data, microarray, SNPs, development of algorithms, statistical methods, or scientific software).
- Experience with and the ability to deal with a wide range of users is required.
- Experience of independent data analyses and project management is required.
No Search Firms:St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.COVID-19 vaccine:St. Jude Children's Research Hospital has mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment. 49319
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Jude does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, religion, disability, veteran's status or disabled veteran's status with respect to employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. St. Jude engages in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.