Environmental Engineering / Compliance Engineering / Data analytics & engineering / ISO Coordination / Sustainability Analyst
Location: East Liberty, Ohio
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
Manage department and plant environmental regulatory compliance (CAA, CWA, RCRA, EPCRA, SWPPP, SPCC) and sustainability performance (energy/water/waste resource reduction and efficiency) programs through data analysis and verification, regulation, and results in interpretation and evaluation, program development and execution in alignment with regulatory requirements, plant business plan, and company direction to ensure plant environmental compliance and achieve plant environmental targets.
- Implement plant environmental compliance & performance metric communication and collaboration efforts for benchmarking, critical issue escalation, initiation of necessary action items, and promotion/ diffusion of environmental programs.
- Monitor and interpret environmental regulations, develop, and implement plant processes to comply with environmental regulations & Honda Standards.
- Track and report plant environmental performance (energy/water/waste/CO2) metrics, coordinate and implement Plant Environmental Business Plan Themes and projects/permits by applying PDCA to reduce risk and improve environmental characteristics.
- Develop plant utility budget, prepare accurate reports, forecast projections, and analyze data for gaps and trends in utility consumption, identify causes, develop countermeasures to ensure target achievement.
- Draft and implement plant environmental performance (energy/water/waste/CO2) & compliance standards, systems, methods, and procedures to meet government regulation and company standards as well as other environmental obligations.
- Act as an environmental SME to define, direct and verify environmental compliance & performance requirements of plant project implementation to ensure environmental standards are achieved.
- Create & administer plant compliance and ISO 14001 training content to improve associate competence.
- Support the development and deployment of plant data mgmt. systems to efficiently track and manage environmental compliance.
- Manage and coordinate assigned contractor SOW(s) (Scope of Work) (e.g., waste mgmt., wastewater operations, water treatment operations, stack testing, consultants, utilities, energy procurement service) to support environmental strategies/requirements; ensure ongoing contractor performance.
- Develop, perform, and document environmental (air, water, and waste) routine activities (sampling, checks, and inspections), government regulatory reports, environmental plans, and permits to fulfill recordkeeping and reporting obligations required by the CAA, CWA, RCRA, EPCRA, SWPPP, SPCC regulations.
- Responsible for analyzing data and trends to identify environmental performance improvement ideas and projects. Develop, implement, and report energy, water, waste, and VOC reduction activities, applying PDCA as needed to fulfill company objectives to reduce Honda's environmental impact.
- Conduct compliance, performance, and ISO 14001 internal audits (plant and dept) to confirm the effectiveness and identify gaps & opportunities for improvements in the environmental program; act as a liaison for external audits (government agencies, third party ISO Auditors, and RO-Regional Operations Auditors) to ensure Honda's Environmental program is accurately represented.
- Develop solutions to countermeasure environmental audit & compliance gaps. Implement timely countermeasures to ensure the effectiveness of the environmental program
- Develop the capability of self, colleagues, and team through training, mentoring, and sharing of experiences in the area of technical expertise and understanding for succession planning and team growth.
- Research, design and implement innovative solutions to drive improvements and be recognized as a leader in environmental sustainability.
Who we are seeking:
A minimum of 2 - 6 years of environmental experience or equivalent Honda manufacturing experience with a passion for Environmental
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or science-related degree or equivalent related experience
Other job-specific skills:
- Experience with and understanding of environmental regulations (CAA, CWA, RCRA, EPCRA, SWPPP, SPCC, DOT)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and lead multiple projects
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Effective planning and prioritization skills.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with contractors and production associates.
- Working knowledge of environmental compliance requirements
- General understanding of the business plan, budgeting, and cost reporting
- Ability to effectively perform root cause analysis and implement countermeasures
- Training required (SPCC, RCRA, DOT)
Additional Position Factors:
- Workstyle: Onsite
- Travel: 5%
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Overtime Pay
- Industry-leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx)
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, and personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.