Under the supervision of Head and/or Assistant Head Janitor, performs functions and duties that do not require the expertise of a Head Janitor or Assistant Head Janitor. Participate in rotating "On Call" duties, if applicable. Supports the implementation and documentation of site safety plans and all Able Engineering Services operational standards and guidelines as well as site specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the maintenance and engineering department.
Provides supervision and is responsible for the implementation of all preventative maintenance and repair operations at the facility. Schedules emergency repair activities according to priority and the abilities of assigned personnel. Provides technical support in such areas as electric systems, mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, and safety procedures. Perform equipment inspections, noting equipment condition, insuring that proper maintenance is being performed in accordance with AES standards. Responsible for the implementation of the quality assurance program for all work performed by the department. Optimize the repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems. Use and help provide best practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and system problems so that problems are resolved in the most efficient and effective manner. Direct or participate in various facility programs and committees relating to assigned responsibilities such as safety, disaster, fire, pollution control and civil defense.
Formulates, recommends and implements site specific polices and procedures to improve the facility physical plant and operations. Develops a plan and/or procedure for controlling, labeling, recording estimated life expectancy, maintenance and inspecting all capital and non-capital equipment within the facility. This plan includes a long term engineering capital plan. Recommends equipment purchases to replace obsolete equipment items and provide assistance in formulating long-range equipment replacement requirements and coordinates actions with contractors. Assist in the development and implementation of operating and extraordinary expense budgets as required. Plans and schedules services of department. Establishes standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quality and quantity of performance, and evaluates results. Establishes plans for improving departmental work emphasizing efficiency and economy.
REPRESENTATIVE FUNCTIONS OR DUTIES:
* Complete work orders that are within your classification. It is up to the Head Janitor/Assistant Head Janitor to distribute work orders accordingly. If a work order is beyond your job classification, it is your duty to report this to your supervisor in order for the trouble to be rectified in a timely manner. Ensure that all vacated apartments are thoroughly restored to "make ready" status in a timely manner. Including all "Mini" and "Full" Upgrades.
* Assist during trash-out of apartment; e.g. moving heavy/bulky items to dumpster..
* Replace or repair windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, closet doors, mini-blinds, ceiling fans, lights, etc. Change A/C filters and perform a PM on the unit(s).
* Make new keys when requested. Replace vacancy lock (if applicable) on day lock is changed for new resident move-in.
* Report supply needs to Head Janitor.
* Miscellaneous duties as required.
* Responsible for assisting Helper C moving all trash containers on property on days that assistance is needed and when requested by Head Janitor.
* Assist with snow and ice removal.
* Maintain mechanical, electrical and shop areas.
* Assist with the trash-out of vacant apartments; e.g., moving heavy/bulky items to dumpster. Assist service staff with maintenance functions as requested.
* Coordinates parts, supplies, and equipment from local vendors and inventory.
* Performs simple procedures and tasks and other routine maintenance duties.
* Basic repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems.
* Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Head Janitor and Assistant Head Janitor.
* Foster a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
* As appropriate records all pertinent data in building logbooks, make all appropriate daily entries.
* Process administrative paper work in accordance to departmental policies and procedure.
* Actively functions as a team member.
* Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
* Complies with Able Engineering Services and facility policies and procedures.
* Complies and participates with Able Engineering Services safety program.
* Complies and participates in facility specific safety program.
* Maintain regular attendance in the work place.
* Provide highest quality of service to the tenants, staff and visitors at the facility.
* Participate in regular required communication with Head Janitor, assistant Head Janitor, management, tenants and other staff.
* Must be able to work on a ladder or elevated surface. SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
* Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of utility engineer.
* State of Illinois Pool Operators License.
* Computer skills at a level to interact with building and Able Engineering Services computerized systems in place.
* Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements as required.
* Working knowledge of energy conservation strategies (energy saving lighting, etc.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce's diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionara al gobierno federal la informacion de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted esta autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Able is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.