AACC, a DC-based dynamic, international scientific/medical society of clinical laboratory professionals, physicians, and research scientists focused on clinical chemistry and related disciplines, is seeking a Coordinator, Membership & Divisions.
The Coordinator, Membership & Divisions provides administrative and logistical support to department staff involved in the management of scientific divisions and sections. This position is instrumental in ensuring effective operations for these important membership groups.
The Coordinator, Membership & Divisions will report to the Senior Manager, Membership and the Manager, Divisions, The Coordinator, Membership & Divisions will support key volunteer membership groups of AACC, including those categorized by interest topic and geographic location.
- Provide logistical support for Division annual scientific meeting (ASM) events, including budget tracking. Travel to the ASM may be required.
- Provide logistical assistance for Division non-ASM meetings, conference calls, and virtual meetings.
- Attend Division-related meetings - both virtual and in-person - as requested, to record deliberations and compile and distribute discussion minutes.
- Update presentations, scripts, certificates, and awards (virtual and printed materials) for yearly Division events, working with AACC internal departments (i.e., Customer Service, Communications and Marketing) and external stakeholders.
- Schedule and draft broadcast emails for Division activities and initiatives and provide guidance to Division leaders on utilization of the Artery.
- Regularly update Division website content and work with Manager, Divisions, to ensure all content is up to date.
- Monitor firstname.lastname@example.org email account and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Divisions, support Division elections, including governance document revisions.
- Provide support for the Divisions awards program.
- Monitor and provide Division membership information to Manager, Divisions and Division leadership.
- Communicate with Division leaders and members as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Membership and Local Sections
- Provide logistical support for Membership and Local Section annual scientific meeting (ASM) events, including budget tracking. Travel to the ASM may be required.
- Provide logistical assistance for Membership and Local Section non-ASM meetings, conference calls, and virtual meetings.
- Attend AACC Section-related meetings - both virtual and in-person - as requested, to support them as needed. Some events may occur in the evening.
- Work closely with the Membership Department to facilitate the annual Section Leadership Conference (SLC), held in person with Local Section leadership. Travel to the SLC may be required.
- Schedule and draft broadcast emails for Section activities and initiatives. Instruct how to best utilize the Artery for event promotion and section membership communications.
- Regularly update Section website content and work with Senior Manager, Membership, to ensure all content is up to date.
- Monitor email@example.com email account and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Membership provide support for annual AACC and Local Section elections, including bylaws revisions.
- Work closely with the Executive Office to ensure Section requests for AACC Leadership to attend Section events are coordinated in a timely manner.
- Facilitate Local Section end-of-year reporting processes and yearly allotments in coordination with the Accounting Department.
- Monitor and provide Section information to Senior Manager, Membership and Section leadership.
- Communicate with Section leaders and members as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
Support and participate in the work of AACC committees and councils- such as the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Program Committee, Clinical Laboratory Scientist Council, and Society for Young Clinical Laboratorians- as requested. Duties include the following:
- Schedule and attend meetings
- Compile and distribute minutes
- Maintain consistent communication with council and committee members and AACC colleagues;
- Maintain council and committee documents and records;
- Facilitate and participate in discussions among staff and committee/council members
- Bachelor's degree and one year of experience or additional work experience in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with focus on customer and volunteer relations.
- Experience multi-tasking while meeting deadlines.
- Interest in association management.
- Familiarity with MS Office and CRM programs
AACC is dedicated to building a team of professionals that is as diverse as our members. AACC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AACC cares about its employees, and offers a benefit package designed to attract, reward, and retain talented individuals who are committed to excellence in everything they do. To learn more about our benefits, go to: https://www.aacc.org/career-center/careers-at-aacc
AACC currently is working a hybrid office schedule with staff coming into the office one day a week with the ability to work remotely from home up to four days a week. AACC requires all staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for exemption from this requirement due to medical or religious reasons will be considered.