Senior Account Manager- Ohio
The position is preferred to be based in the surrounding Ohio area due to the fact it will be calling on accounts in both Ohio and Western PA. This role consists of working from home as well as on the road.
The Senior Account Manager is a direct customer-facing role with an emphasis on maintaining and developing new commercial customers. It requires a high level of daily activities including relationship development, cold calling, briefings, workshops, studies, demonstrations, and proposals.
The Senior Account Manager builds and maintains a strong presence within all named accounts and develops a network of colleagues, partners, resellers and solution providers to help close new business. Maintains existing relationships and creates new opportunities and is directly involved in developing and presenting products, solutions and/or services that specifically address customer's needs. Demonstrates strong knowledge of the company's entire product line and offerings.
This position requires strong business development skills, and the ability to work with all Lexmark resources to drive hardware sales within your respective set of named accounts. The major areas of responsibility are as follows:
Profitable Revenue Growth - Hardware, Solutions, Services
- Direct responsibility for maintaining and growing existing business as well as identifying, qualifying, developing, proposing and closing new customers, and uncovering new opportunities. Successfully work with both internal and external resources to close sales.
- Minimum expectation is to achieve annual revenue objectives.
Job Expectations for a Successful Candidate:
- Minimum of 5+ year's solution selling / direct copier sales experience in enterprise level accounts
- Strong core prospecting sales skills, including effective strategic questioning techniques (new business/hunter mentality)
- Strong presentation skills. Able to clearly and concisely develop and deliver concept presentations
- Demonstrated ability to manage all phases of a complex sale
- Able to effectively work with, engage, and manage multiple different team resources
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, and complete a complex proposal response.
- Skilled at defining current state total cost of operation, and developing key pricing elements. Experienced with high degree of proficiency using MS Excel, PowerPoint, and MS-Word.
- Direct responsibility for driving each element of the sale cycle: Prospecting initiatives, qualifying, proposals & studies, RFQs, and closing services sales.
- Strong ability to multi task and work on many projects together achieving deadlines.
- Experience working with C-Level contacts and multiple lines of business.
- Consistent and regular hunting and prospecting in the field visiting accounts and on telephone is required.
- This position is home office based. The candidate must be motivated, a self-starter and excel independently.
Must have permanent U.S. work authorization.