Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse's mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Extraction Operator B - Direct hire, Ogden, UT
$2500 sign-on bonus available to new hires
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment and processes in area to which assigned. Operate various types of equipment and carefully monitor processes in order to detect problems and make necessary adjustments.
Tools and Equipment:
Control instrumentation, vacuum furnace, high-temperature salt bath, arc and gas welding and cutting equipment, pre-evacuation and reduction furnaces, solvent extraction columns, 10-ton bridge crane, augers, electric motors, fans, barn and quench condensers, chlorinators, sublimers, L.P.A.'s fluid bed condenser (hafnium), mixing tanks, pumps, valves, agitators, blowers, fume control systems, filters, titration equipment, flow meters, batch control system, presses, crushers, conveyors, screens, blenders, barrel elevator, feeder, rotary kiln, ball mill, dies, scales, material handling equipment, safety equipment and miscellaneous hand tools.
Zircon sand, crude zirconium/hafnium tetrachloride, zirconium/hafnium oxide, hydrochloric and sulfuric acids, ammonium hydroxide and thiocyanate, flocculants, zirconium and hafnium sponge, magnesium, magnesium chloride, silicon tetrachloride, argon, helium petroleum coke, chlorine, hydrogen, nitrogen, sodium chloride, zirconyl chloride, MIBK, iodine, residue and waste chemicals, etc.
Direction of Others:
Direct and coordinate the work of lower classified operators as required.
The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate of pay for the assignment.
The following job duties are general level indicators and the duties performed will depend upon the assigned processing area. The incumbent assigned to the classification may perform one or all of the job duties listed below.
1. Receive oral and written instructions from supervisor and/or higher classified operators. Must read, understand, and work from travelers, departmental program and policy manuals, and safety and operating procedures. May receive special instructions on specific work assignments.
2. Monitor all assigned processes carefully, record readings, and take appropriate corrective action within operating parameters when abnormal situations are encountered to ensure the safe, efficient and accurate operation of the process. May include making equipment and apparatus adjustments to control/regulate such things as reaction rate, temperature, pressure, rate of flow and tank levels and check for leaks and blockages.
3. Operate and service all assigned systems and equipment, investigate equipment and process problems, and report problems and solutions to supervisor. Perform preventative maintenance work in all areas of responsibility. Initiate maintenance work orders and schedule equipment repair and downtime when necessary.
4. Unload sand and petroleum coke to avoid shortages of feed and demurrage on railcars.
5. Monitor chlorinator residue, packaging, handling, storage and associated documentation.
6. Operate and maintain sponge equipment and supplies and maintain critical parts inventory.
7. Ensure products are properly processed, identified, weighted and inventoried. Prepare, package, weigh and deliver various products per shop order requirements.
8. Monitor and operate crude feed solution transfer, iron removal, extraction, stripping, scrubbing and regeneration for optimal process operation.
9. Take required samples for process/product control and documentation.
10. Prepare crystal bar furnace reactors to receive charges by properly cleaning, installing seals, insulators and other equipment. Assemble furnace heads and prepare electrodes and wire supports to assure successful completion of crystal bar process runs.
11. Prepare, weld, cut and repair reduction retorts.
12. Record Data on process forms and computer.
13. Notify management and/or engineering of conditions that may require their attention. Special emphasis must be given in reporting and controlling environmental incidents.
14. Keep qualifications current on all operational, safety and personnel procedures required.
15. Maintain work area, tools and equipment in clean, safe and orderly manner. Maintain department housekeeping standards.
16. Work in accordance with all safety and health hygiene regulations.
17. Abide by all rules and regulations covered by the Westinghouse Code of Business Ethics.
Work schedule - Full-time positions:
* 4x4 shifts are four 11-hour days on, four days off, (rotating days and nights or straight non-rotating days or nights).
* Applicants must be able to work any shift.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry's first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting .
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
| | |