Slayden Constructors Inc. (SCI), a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, Inc. Slayden is currently seeking experienced Pipelayers to support a critical wastewater treatment plant construction project in Stayton, Oregon.
Slayden is a leader in the construction industry, with a primary focus on water and wastewater infrastructure. Slayden is built on strong values, hard work, and a commitment to getting the job done right. The success of our company is best expressed through our efforts to provide a safe workplace with respected employees and a committed management team. Our approach has provided steady growth in work volume, successful career development for personnel, and an extensive list of satisfied clients for more than 30 years.
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers.
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue.
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials.
- Cut pipes with earth or other materials.
- Cut pipes to required lengths.
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths, by hand or using trenching tools.
- Processing systems include both high-pressure and low-pressure pipe systems moving liquids or gases utilizing automatic controls in the treatment of wastewater.
- Work with backhoe operator to supervise the correct depth and grade to lay pipe.
- Work with pipe craft and civil crews to place pipe in ditches.
- Install or repair sanitary or stormwater sewer structures or pipe systems.
- Install or use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, or transit levels.
- Grade or level trench bases, using tamping machines or hand tools.
- Lay out pipe routes, following written instructions or blueprints and coordinating layouts with supervisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Documentation must be provided at time of application.
- Much be able to follow building plans and blueprints to perform pipe laying.
- Trained in Trenching and Excavation safety.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- If requested, the applicant shall furnish a written statement from a medical doctor that he/she has had a physical examination in connection with the application, and is physically fit to perform the work.
- Required to communicate information, ideas, directions with the capability to perform the task or project discussed.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory and with utmost regard for safety.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- Paid Time Off (sick time)
- 401(k) Plan (company matching contributions up to 4%)
- Employee Referral Program