Team Member - Engine Assembler
MTU Aiken Plant (Graniteville, SC)
MUS - Hourly
MTU America is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans) and federal contractor. Only candidates who apply via our company website will be considered.
1. High School Diploma/GED and 2 years in a mechanical, engine or automotive trade school or equivalent Associates Degree; or 3 years of experience in a durable goods assembly or manufacturing environment
2. Basic knowledge of manufacturing and production processes, raw materials, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods
3. Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
4. Basic knowledge of engine control systems, design, assembly and function
5. Basic knowledge of OSHA safety requirements and the ability to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations or standards
6. Basic troubleshooting and problem solving skills
7. Basic interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with other employees in a team atmosphere
8. Basic ability to interpret control plans, blue prints, build documents, schematic drawings, layouts, documents regarding engine assembly and testing and quality requirements (Quality Alerts, Second Checks, etc.)
9. Basic oral and written communication skills
10. Basic reading, writing and math skills
11. Basic PC knowledge and the ability to efficiently operate computer terminals and scanning devices
1. Ability to interpret Statistical Process Control (SPC) and operate scanning devices for system communications
2. Knowledge of MTU products, policies and procedures
3. Experience in engine control systems, design, function and assembly, including marine applications
4. Ability to obtain appropriate power vehicle license (Flatbed, Hi-Lo, & Mule) when necessary
5. Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Daily work is performed in a durable goods manufacturing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and stand; sit, use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, parts, or controls reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to balance and climb; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee may also be exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.