Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Due to continuing growth in our Rail/Transit practice, we are seeking a Senior Rail Transit Project Manager for any of our GTA office. This position will be integral in the development and growth of GHD's Transit / Rail practice.
This is a lifetime opportunity for individuals who are driven, passionate and looking to be challenged in their career development. We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee-owned company, in a professional working environment that is quality-driven and client-focused.
- Delivering GHD's projects to budget, schedule and quality standards; provides overall supervision and project management leadership during the design build full cycle phase.
- Being proactive and responsive to Clients requests, to go above and beyond in delivering client excellence.
- Lead GHD's project related Client relationship; attend weekly design and progress meetings
- Conceptual design & detailed design including coordination of engineering disciplines and supervision of all of GHD's deliverables across multiple disciplines
- Interfaces with GHD Design Manager and production team (potentially located internationally) on resource management, schedule and budget
- Preparation and negotiation of contract documents, liaison with internal Contract Management / Legal team
- Attends design and construction meetings, prepares and distributes minutes.
- Monitors project schedules, coordinates and maintains contact with sub-consultants, Municipalities, Utility companies, Railway Owners and Operators and Clients, and assists with contract administration as assigned.
- Prepare, track and administer project and design budgets
- Liaises with clients, participates in business development and promotional activities for the company.
- Assist in building/implementing a business strategy to successfully grow and deliver the existing rail/transit infrastructure business (especially including P3 and Design Build) within Ontario
- Strong Project Management experience on LRT projects within Canada
- Strong knowledge in alternate project delivery (P3, DB), and experience in managing teaming arrangements with contractors and consultants
- Minimum of 10-15 years of project management experience leading large multi-discipline engineering teams
- Experience in tunnel or deep underground facilities
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven experience in winning and delivering engineering services for transit infrastructure projects in varying size and complexity, from project inception through execution to turnover
- Strong understanding of transit infrastructure, facilities and stations and engineering in rail corridors
- Professional Degree in Civil, Structural, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Hold a Professional Engineering License in the Province of Ontario
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.