To ensure success as a technical architect, you should have extensiveknowledge of enterprise networking systems, advanced problem-solvingskills, and the ability to project manage. A top-class technicalarchitect can design and implement any size system to perfectly meet theneeds of the client.
- Meeting with the IT manager to determine the company's currentand future needs.
- Determining whether the current system can be upgraded or if a newsystem needs to be installed.
- Providing the company with design ideas and schematics.
- Project managing the design and implementation of the system.
- Meeting with the software developers to discuss the system softwareneeds.
- Troubleshooting systems issues as they arise.
- Overseeing all the moving parts of the system integration.
- Measuring the performance of the upgraded or newly installed system.
- Training staff on system procedures.
- Providing the company with post-installation feedback.
Technical Architect Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or computerscience.
- Previous work experience as a technical architect.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise systems, networking modules, andsoftware integration.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking systems.
- Familiarity with programming languages, operating systems, andOffice software.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to see big-picture designs from basic specifications.
- Ability to problem solve complex IT issues.