Technical Site Operations Manager
This position will help manage a large-scale Managed Print Services environment. The individual hired for this position will serve as a Technical Specialist, with Operations Management responsibilities. The position will involve significant customer interaction, possibly working on-site at customer locations for extensive periods of time.
The Technical Specialist portion of this role will be the primary contact for ensuring the customer is able to leverage the Lexmark products in their environments, resolve technical challenges, and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction around our offerings. The role requires strong technical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
The Operations Management portion of this role will assist the Customer Operations Manager in ensuring the successful delivery of all services included in the Statement of Work.
The TSOM will also be responsible for proof of concept, pilot activities, installation verification, product set-up and configuration (drivers, print servers, networking, etc.) and for implementing the infrastructure required to support the firmware, security updates and print queue coordination in the environment. The SE will provide support for environment troubleshooting (drivers, print servers, networking, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working close with the customer to understand their business process and leveraging Lexmark solutions in their environment.
- Cultivating a strong relationship with the customer by working in their environment and being a key Lexmark representative in all key customer meetings.
- Supporting the customer's IT staff with problem resolution for issues around Lexmark products and solutions.
- Provide training to the customer's employees and IT staff.
- Providing feedback for product improvements.
- Monitors, evaluates and directs deployment activities and resources at his/her site(s) in accordance with the project scope, budget and schedule.
- Ascertains (with the team) areas of risk and develops appropriate contingencies.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the Asset Registry data collected (device data required for long-term Asset Management of deployed devices).
- Work to create and implement specific operations practices including:
- Continually monitoring existing service levels and Remedy tickets
- Provide interface between end-users, technical support, and subcontractors to improve/maintain customer satisfaction
- Primary point of contact and relationship with the customer for specific area
- Develop continual process improvements within Managed Services structure
- Work closely with Operations and Project Team's during implementation and deployment of print technology and support services, including inventory collection and management, MADC tracking, and consumables management while monitoring adherence to all SLA's
- Facilitate weekly/monthly status meeting, providing timely and accurate update on project status, conduct monthly/quarterly/annual performance reviews as needed
- Create Implementation Procedures Manual and Escalation Process Procedures
- Conduct Train-the-Trainer and End User training as necessary; coordinate support for improved service diagnostics
- Provide reporting metrics and tracking data as required to fulfill SLA's
- Develop and implement processes for managing core business activities i.e. consumable and asset management, asset tracking and technical support
- Develop and document implementation plan for each additional phase of business
- Work with Operations team to document and analyze current practices and workflow to define/determine Customer operations requirements
- Recommends and implements operations techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state-of-the-art practices in all aspects of the operations.
- Ability to develop and strengthen relationship with Customer
- Assumes other special activities, responsibilities, and special projects as required
- BS/BA degree or 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Have a working understanding of network/server technologies, network infrastructure, and the inherent challenges associated with delivering networked/server-based applications, and tools required to resolve network issues.
- Have a working knowledge and 5 years hands on experience with multiple server operating systems including Windows 2003/2008, XP, Vista, Win7, Citrix, Mac, UNIX, AS/400, Mainframe, and mid-range systems. Certifications are preferred.
- Have strong troubleshooting experience with Microsoft Office 2003/2007 products: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, a must; MS Project experience a plus.
- Experience with print queue creation, remote installation, and management on operating systems mentioned above. Including tools for scripting and automating tasks
- Quickly gain a working knowledge of the customer's network and personnel infrastructure to maneuver both environments for generating new sales opportunities and resolving issues with current devices.
- Strong task management, problem solving and process management skills, relative to Project Management role.
- Have strong customer centric interpersonal skills and demeanor with the ability to work in a potential high stress/demanding environment.
- Develop and perform trainings and presentations to various group sizes and various levels in a customer's organization, and clearly communicate complex technical ideas to a wide variety of both technical and non-technical business audiences via face to face meetings, phone, and web meetings.
- Maintain a very positive and helpful attitude with the customer and help resolve any challenge around Lexmark products and services and represent Lexmark in a professional manner with everyone.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to balance business considerations while meeting the customer's demands and business deadlines.
- Provide timely updates to Lexmark management on projects, new opportunities, and issues.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- PMP certification a plus, but not a requirement.
- Following Certifications are a plus:
MCSE / MCP / MCSA / Citrix / Cisco/ Novell / UNIX/ CompTia A+, Security+, Netowrk+
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Strong customer focus
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently in a customer environment
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Able to develop business processes after evaluating multiple solutions.
- Strong ability to problem-solve and resolve situations independently
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities-mature-flexible.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Customer Operations Manager
**Preference will be given to candidates that are located in the Midwest/ Southwest of the US.