WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business, regional and military aerospace customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking a Forming Fabricator. Our fabricators work independently and in concert with others to perform processes necessary to efficiently and effectively fabricate detail parts. The operator must function as a productive, contributing and responsible member of his/her work team. In all actions, supports LMI's Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other LMI policies and procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and services, lean processes, continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming, individual accountability and respect for people.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all company and work center specific production, administration and safety policies and procedures.
- Attends and actively participates in all required training.
- Reviews manufacturing planning, part-specific engineering information, set-up information and/or related instructions to understand appropriate work process and quality requirements for completed product.
- For machine dependent operations, selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures and/or cutting tools, attachments, accessories and material to machines (i.e. set-up machine) and starts and observes machine operation during first part production to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance conditions.
- Adjusts machine controls or other control media as required. Depending upon work center assignment, the operator will set-up and operate one or more of the following machines: hydraulic shear, chop saw and forklift. Set-up and tear-down may require the use of a forklift and/or other material handling equipment.
- Uses gauges, scales, calipers, mylars and/or blueprints, customer tools and other measuring equipment to check first part quality.
- Obtains first part for buy-off from lead person, supervisor, quality control inspector and/or second team member. Upon buy-off, completes production run for the manufacturing planning operation.
- Performs 100% inspection of all parts, subsequent to first part buy-off, and completes requirements of applicable statistical process control plans. Where available, uses target times to evaluate timely completion of work.
- Notifies lead person or supervisor about substantive discrepancies between manufacturing planning target time and actual set-up and/or run times.
- Responsible for minor machine maintenance and maintaining proper alignment and condition of machine.
- Completes required documentation, including but not limited to: manufacturing planning operation buy-off, recording of accurate part counts, labor card entry, set-up information, special notes, data collection plans, tie-in information and recording the disposition of non-conforming material.
- Tears down machine or hand tool set-up upon completion of production run, returning all tools, equipment and accessories to their proper locations.
- Moves completes part order to next manufacturing operation or staging area. Works with others, using continuous process improvement tools and techniques and just-in-time manufacturing techniques, to develop and install process improvements that positively impact manufacturing through-put, machine and human resources utilization, space utilization, organization and other factors.
- Assists to incorporate process improvements into document instructions.
- Actively participates in work center and cross-functional process improvement teams by attending team meetings, completing action items, encouraging complete and respectful discussion and understanding of goals, alternatives and solutions.
- Conduct all business transactions and communications in a professional manner congruent to company policy.
- Maintain company confidentiality in all dealings with delivery personnel, vendors, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- High school diploma or high school equivalency preferred. Candidates that do not have a high school diploma or high school equivalency will be required to take a pre-employment assessment to be considered for the role.
- Detail oriented with the ability to use elementary measuring tools i.e. micrometer calipers and electronic calipers.
- Must have the ability to read and understand tolerances on manufacturing drawings.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability utilizing good judgment in determining the appropriate guideline, procedure, and application to utilize in solving problems.
- Understanding of basic math.
- Thorough understanding of process flows, lead times and lean principles in a mfg. environment.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Noise levels ranging from quiet to extremely loud
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when working on the manufacturing floor including, but not limited to, eye, ear, and foot protection
- May occasionally lift and /or move up to 10-50 pounds
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan - for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an "at will" basis and may be terminated at any time.
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company's online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI's Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer
NOTICE ON FRAUDULENT JOB OFFERS
It has been brought to our attention that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from LMI Aerospace, Inc. and/or its affiliates ("LMI").
This type of fraud is normally carried out through online services such as false websites, or through fake e-mails or call from people claiming to be from the company. These persons offer fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants and often ask for sensitive personal and financial information. The fraudsters may also request recipients to provide personal information and/or to make payments as part of their fake recruiting process.
LMI does not ask for any financial commitments from candidates as a pre-employment requirement. LMI will always require candidates to formally apply for positions via the Careers Page or job postings.
LMI has no responsibility for fraudulent offers and if you believe you have been a victim of a fraudulent job offer concerning LMI, please email