What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Program Manager Mobile Graphics IP
- The individual who fills this role will be responsible for driving graphics programs from product definition to full deployment.
- Focus will be on HW RTL IP development but also responsibile for coordinating across all disciplines to ensure successful IP delivery.
- This individual will work in a cross-functional product development core team, aligning all aspects of engineering and operation execution to meet business goals.
- This individual will interact with AMD executives and senior management team, internal cross functional teams and customers.
- This individual will be responsible for the management of program execution and its day-to-day activities.
- This individual will work with engineering management to drive execution excellence, including key metrics - performance, schedule, cost, quality.
- This individual will work collaboratively with AMD Program Management community on continuous process improvement.
- Work is strategic in nature but hands-on work on tactical manners is definitely expected.
- Communication is critical part of this role which includes:
- Interpreting/understanding business directions
- Explaining tactical details
- Recommending solutions regarding complex program situations
- Defines, plans and drives projects and program plans based on management and senior technical guidance.
- Possesses specialized knowledge plus a broader technical knowledge in areas outside his or her area of expertise.
- Has responsibility for projects or processes of significant technical importance and for results that cross engineering project areas.
- Initiates significant changes to existing processes and methods to improve project and team efficiencies
- Experience is required in managing large, complex, interrelated projects, programs, and/or functions.
- Experience in large scale ASIC development, plus working knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines is highly desirable.
- Seeking candidates who are result-driven, disciplined, and analytical, plus with good problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, communications skills, and teamwork spirit.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of the principles or project management and is able to apply them effectively on small to large size projects.
- BS in EE and Masters (preferred) in any engineering disciplines
- Formal Project Management education, PMP designation is additional advantage.
LOCATION: Santa Clara, Folsom, San Diego, Boxborough, Orlando
Requisition Number: 180624
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Other Engineering
Benefits offered are described .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click for more information.