At PGE, our work involves dreaming about, planning for, and realizing a smarter, cleaner, more enduring Oregon neighborhood. Its core to our DNA and we haven't stopped since we started in 1888. We energize lives, strengthen communities and drive advancements in energy that promote social, economic and environmental progress. We're always on the lookout for people passionate about leading and being a part of teams that are advancing innovative clean energy solutions that are also affordable and accessible to all.Associate Nuclear Security TechnicianRainier, OR
Starting rate of pay is $21.00/hour
This is a full-time regular position with a competitive benefit package. Most benefits are available on the first day of the month following the employee's start date
In this role, you'll implement and enhance security programs for nuclear fuel storage installations and offer input for improvement. You'll ensure compliance with standards and regulations. You'll also conduct exercises in accordance with established security policies and procedures.
Key Job Information Associate Nuclear Security Technician 6235 Grade 3
Career Level: T1 Entry
Obtain and Maintain Requisite Qualifications:
- Completes training to meet all required qualifications required to perform on-shift duties as an ISFSI specialist (armed security position).
- Obtains initial weapons qualification.
Physical Security Monitoring:
- Performs day-to-day physical security inspection and monitoring activities for the stored spent fuel at the ISFSI facility with a certified technician.
- Under the direction of a higher-level technician, inspects and/or monitors and responds to abnormal conditions; initiates contingency response and/or resolves security issues, e.g., intrusion alarms, fire alarms, etc.
- Performs duties of medical first-aid first responder.
- Conducts personnel background screening, access control and safeguards information control; coordinates with local law enforcement agencies; responds to and investigates security events; and reports safeguards events in accordance with federal regulations in 10CFR73.71.
Education: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of federal and state regulations applicable to ISFSI licensing/reporting, radiation protection, security, engineering, quality assurance and emergency planning.
- Basic ability to read, interpret and apply policies, procedures and regulations.
- Basic ability to operate a radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors and surveillance equipment.
- Basic ability to use and maintain firearms and pass annual firearms qualifications.
- To carry a firearm at the nuclear facility, regulations require that the individual is a minimum age of 21 years old.
- Working computer skills, including MS Office applications.
- Basic ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including members of the public, law enforcement, vendors, plant personnel and regulators, auditors and inspectors.
- Basic analytical thinking skills
- Basic decision-making skills
- Basic interpersonal skills
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Basic diplomacy skills
- Ability to adhere to set response times, deadlines and time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to follow accuracy standards
- Ability to follow through on decision-making tasks
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to communicate and problem solve when under stress
- Ability to respond and adapt to frequent change
- Ability to accept and demonstrate self-awareness when provided constructive feedback
- Ability to discern feedback and acknowledge ownership of areas of improvement
- Ability to avoid future mistakes by applying reasonable skills to new but similar work situations or tasks
- Ability to successfully collaborate with peers, managers and others within the organization
- Demonstrates sound memory
- Ability to process new information to be applied consistently to work tasks
- Ability to adhere to pre-established schedule, including start/stop time and break/lunch schedule.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Ability to work a variable schedule
- Ability to report to work and perform work during periods of severe inclement weather
- Ability to consistently meet attendance standards for regular, reliable, predictable, full-time attendance
- Ability to work shift schedule, including rotating shifts.
- Ability to work on-call schedule
- Occasional driving/travel/commute within the service territory.
- Lifting/pushing/pulling: Up to 10lbs.
- Carrying: Up to 10lbs.
- Unstable surfaces requiring balance:
- Elevated areas (i.e., catwalks, roofs and high buildings)
- Confined spaces
- Walking distances and surfaces (long distances and over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces)
- Stairs (over 10steps)
Environment: Office and Plant
Join us today and power your potential!
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
PGE believes in rewarding dedicated performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
PGE does not discriminate on the basis of disability. We recognize individuals have a variety of abilities to offer and we believe there is much to value and celebrate by incorporating different abilities into the work we do. One very important way we live this out is in our application and interview process. We work hard to support individuals who may need an accommodation to fully participate in these processes. If you feel you may need an accommodation, or would like to request one, please notify the Talent Acquisition Specialist (Recruiter) associated with the job posting. You may also make this request by contacting or by calling 503-464-7250. The Recruiter will provide information and next steps for the accommodation process. Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) team is also available for support. You can contact them at .
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. Posting closes at midnight (Pacific Time) on the closing date below. If no date is listed, job is open until filled.
PGE is committed to Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origina, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.