Information about #29962 Plastics Engineering Technician
You will be eligible for a one-time sign-on bonus of $1,000.00 which will be paid in two installments. The first $500.00 installment will be granted after 30 days of employment and paid on the subsequent payroll after 30 days. The second $500.00 installment will be granted after 90 days of employment, provided your continued employment. The second installment will be paid on the subsequent payroll following 90 days of service. If your employment is terminated for any reason within 90 days of your start date, you are required to reimburse all bonus payments received.
GOJO Industries, inventor of PURELL branded well-being solutions, is the global leader in Healthy Skin and Healthy Places. We use the best science available to create breakthroughs that result in healthier people and environments.
Our 75-year success as a Family Enterprise is propelled by our collaborative culture of Purpose-driven colleagues. We work in ways that nourish our growth and build flourishing teams. We care about each other, and embody the health and well-being we bring to the world.
The opportunities we have to make a difference in people's lives drive us. If this inspires you, please join us at GOJO.
Installs, maintains, and repairs Injection and Blow molding machinery, equipment, physical structures, and electrical systems. Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble; repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment. Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions. Analyzes and interprets maintenance and equipment data. Recommends changes in process or work instructions to continually improve production performance. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and good manufacturing practice.
* Sets process standards for injection and blow molding.
* Developes intial process parameters and performs intial process tests.
* Detects and diagnoses equipment malfunctions. May consult with others to develop a repair plan.
* Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
* Repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment. Follows specifications and blueprints; utilizes precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
* Works under minimal supervision on duties and tasks that are varied and range from simple to complex related to manufacturing production technology.
* Maintains detail design drawings, graphs, as-built drawings, structural detail drawings, and other graphic engineering records. Examines for completeness and accuracy.
* Sets up test procedures and records result; performs analysis and calculations; recommends changes to equipment, product or test methods. Sets-up qualification testing (IQ/OQ/PQ).
* Install, repair, modify or upgrade existing and new processes and equipment.
* Confers with Engineering/Molding Tool Room/Manufacturing leadership to set priorities, report status or provide information regarding projects or assignments.
* Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex injection or blow molding problems and issues.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and good manufacturing practice.
* Familiar with emergency procedures and equipment necessary to safely and effectively respond to an emergency involving hazardous waste.
* Assures hazardous wastes, universal wastes and used oil are placed in the appropriate container that is properly labeled, is in good condition and is closed.
* Orients, trains, assigns and reviews the work of process technicians
High School Diploma or GED. Typically requires five (5) to eight- (8) year's progressive experience within plastics manufacturing/ manufacturing engineering technology.
Guidance and supervision is provided by the Molding Manager. May assist in the training of other technical resources; may coordinate with vendors. Coordinates project work with other technical resources.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application process. You will have an opportunity to include your resume and a cover letter. GOJO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
Recruiters, Search Agencies or others referring candidates to GOJO Industries, Inc. without written authorization from GOJO Industries, Inc. Human Resources will not be compensated in any way for their online referral even if GOJO Industries, Inc. hires the candidate. GOJO does not seek or respond to unsolicited resumes for positions that are not listed in the Careers section.