Are you inspired by "what's next"? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world's largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people's lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Job Description Summary
Operates, regulates, and monitors chemical process or batch reactor units and auxiliary equipment to produce products under supervision of the Lead Operator or shift leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives general work instructions orally, from emails, data files and/or from log sheets.
- Monitors gages and recording instruments and adjusts valves and controls to regulate temperatures, pressures, concentration of solutions and flow of chemicals through the process systems for prescribed reaction within critical limits, according to log sheets and based on prior experience with equipment/process.
- Monitor equipment for possible PM/PD routine repair and interface with Area maintenance on maintenance needs.
- Perform minor maintenance and assist in unloading raw materials, and general cleanup work.
- Transfers materials from one drum to another. Moves finished products to tank farm and loads bulk products into tank trucks.
- Assure that company and plant policies and procedures are followed.
- Write permits.
- Provides instruction and OJT to less experienced operators and trainees who assist in processing operations.
- Must have a high school diploma/GED, AND
- Arkansas WAGE Industrial Certificate, OR
- Associates Degree in Process Technology and Industrial Technology, bachelor's degree in Industrial Technology (or technical related fields), or other related college degree, may be accepted in lieu of WAGE Industrial Certificate.
Requirements of Job:
- Must have worked in a chemical/refinery manufacturing environment, OR have at least two (2) years work experience in manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Must be able to work 12 hours rotating shifts.
- Willing to work overtime and respond to call outs.
- Must be a team player and willing to work independently.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and philosophy in operations environment.
- Strong foundation in the knowledge of manufacturing processes and related equipment operations, including general mechanical operation.
- Must be able to work in varying degrees of heat and cold weather conditions.
- Good problem-solving and basic process troubleshooting skills.
- Must have oral and written communication skills, basic math, computer, and electronic skills.
- Able to work in confined spaces, high places and wear respiratory protection and required PPE, when necessary.
- Be able to lift 25-50 pounds frequently, 50-100 pounds occasionally with necessary assistance and ability to climb stairs frequently.
- Must be willing to serve on Emergency Response Teams
- Other duties as assigned.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled