Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. At UT Southwestern, we invest in you with opportunities for career growth and development that align with your future goals and help to provide security for you and your family. Our highly competitive benefits package offers healthcare, PTO and paid holidays, on-site childcare, wage, merit increases and so much more that are all available on the day you start work. UT Southwestern is honored to be a Veteran Friendly work environment that is home to approximately 800 veterans. We value your integrity, dedication, and the commitment you've made to our country. We're proud to support your next mission. Ranked by Forbes as one of the Top 10 National Employers, we invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you'll discover teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for growth.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is hiring for Manager Public Affairs, Office of Communications
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public affairs or related field and seven years of professional experience with expanding portfolio.
- Identify needs and develop plans for UT Southwestern participation at key conferences and events. Oversee execution of project plans.
- Curate, write and edit content for a newsletter in partnership with an online news organization.
- Provide quick-turn media training, advice and key messages for UT Southwestern personnel to prepare for interviews.
- Interface with news media, as needed. Working knowledge of traditional and digital media platforms is required.
- In conjunction with leadership, develop and launch a communication tool to present new voices that showcase employee diversity, scientific innovation and clinical excellence.
- Collaborate with Communications, Marketing, Web Services and Design. Support Government Relations, Corporate and Community Affairs, and other departments as needed.
- Monitor peer institutions and maintain productive relationship with UT System counterparts.
- Identify key issues and stay abreast of trends within academic medical centers and the healthcare industry at the local, state and national levels.
- Maintain relationships outside UT Southwestern that strengthen the institutional knowledge base, provide insight to leaders, and enhance access to unique collaborations.
- **Performs other duties as assigned.
For COVID-19 vaccine information,applicants should visithttps://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers, visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion