Chicago, IL (Hybrid)
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation's largest professional Association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
We continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and fully participate in the life of the enterprise.
We encourage and support professional development for our employees, and we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn more about us and we look forward to getting to know you.
We have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Chicago for a Product Manager II on our Health Solutions team. This position can be hybrid (working from both office and home), with a schedule to be determined by business needs.
As a Product Manager II you will be responsible for launch and management of VeriCre,
AMA's newest Credentialing Products solutions Design/launch new products to
expand the product portfolio, and increase proposition for existing data and
content products,. Under moderate supervision, this individual will manage all
aspects of the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical
activities. Plan and assess strategies for new and existing products
Product Launch Strategy
- Develop new multi-year content strategies: define the strategy development process and plan, and facilitate discussions involving executive-level colleagues.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience and needs, identify, and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience, and drive growth.
- Evaluate and analyze potential strategic and development partners.
- Work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key features and benefits, and target customer.
business plans that incorporate financial, competitive and market analysis
to maximize ROI.
- Provide critical insights on
user needs, user experience, market goals and establish product timeline.
- Develop and
regularly review and update product pricing strategy. Work with sales and
operations to establish documented pricing policies for the designated
- Incorporate market
and client insights to develop and manage product roadmaps. Diligently
communicate roadmap plans to internal stakeholders and incorporate their
feedback into plans.
- Partner with IT, HS Datalabs,
and external vendor(s) on the development of new platform, products, or
- Establish timelines and hold development partners
accountable for meeting them.
- Transform product
strategy dialogue and decisions into detailed business and technical
Industry Analysis and Analytics
- Keep abreast of industry trends, regulations and customer needs and behaviors for the assigned product line.
- Commission third-party market research and analysis, as needed. Work with procurement to define needs and source market research and analysis work.Work could include customer research, market analysis and competitor analysis.
- Create and maintain a variety of reports
including status reports, charts, graphs, analytics, presentations, etc.
for the purpose of documenting and communicating product vision,
achievements, and status of work in progress.
- Able to create and present high-quality
product and thought leadership presentations for both internal and
May include other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years proven experience as a
product, project, or program leader; related and relevant work experience;
Experience in content management/data products highly desirable. Product management certification a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to
drive long-term success of product line; must possess a strong blend of
business and technical savvy and the organization and technical skills to
lead product transformation initiatives. Experience launching new
- Experience in a product management role in a
SaaS/Cloud environment highly desirable.
- Experience in health care provider data management
including credentialing, directory, revenue cycle, , and/or reimbursement
- Proven ability to motivate, lead and collaborate
with teams. Demonstrated ability to
guide technical projects, identify and mitigate risks.
- Excellent data synthesis skills to critically
analyze and interpret market research and other data, glean insights from
that research, and apply those insights to develop business cases and
- Financial modeling understanding to direct the
creation of complex models simulating market, financial, and operational
performance associated with developing and rolling out new products and
- Superior written and oral communication skills,
including experience presenting in a large group setting, with an ability
to handle executive level discussions as well as technical deep dives.
- Some travel required.
- AMA's safety and policy protocols require proof of full vaccination against COVID19 for employment at AMA (including booster when eligible). Employees may apply for a religious or medical exemption from getting the vaccine
The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION