Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002...
What are you waiting for?! Summary:
Join the team committed to crafting inspiring spaces and developing new ways to build. Mortenson is currently seeking dynamic and motivated individuals with the ability to work well with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, inventive, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Joining us as an Electrical Engineer, you will provide technical electrical support throughout the construction project. This is a field-based position.
The base compensation range for this role is $74,00-$99,900. This position is eligible for a potential annual bonus.
Base pay is positioned within the range based on several factors including an individual's knowledge, skill and experience with consideration given to internal equity.
Mortenson provides a comprehensive benefit program to team members and their families to support their health, build long term financial security and provide the opportunity for work and life balance.
Benefits offered to non-craft, non-union, full-time team members include:
- Medical and prescription drug plans - choice between two affordable HSA-eligible medical plans that include vision coverage, expert medical second opinion, tobacco cessation program and fertility benefits
- Dental plan
- 401k retirement plan with generous matching and profit-sharing contributions
- Paid time off, holidays, bereavement, parental leave and other paid leaves
- Life, AD&D, business travel accident and disability insurance
- Employee assistance program and online mental health tool and concierge
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Gym Membership Discount Program
- Identity Theft Protection
Organization, flexibility, extraordinary customer focus, and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include:
- Resolving the best layout of collection system; individual consideration of constraints such as overhead/underground, follow roads/cross country and junction box locations
- Performing system loss calculations (100% output/annualized)
- Ensuring subcontractors understand the scope of the project during bidding process and providing electrical engineering resources throughout the project
- Reviewing manufacturer provided data and settle extent of scope for electrical portion of project including wiring requirements and electrical characteristic (i.e. grounding requirements, power factor ranges, lightning protection requirements, generator outputs, etc.)
- Developing one-line diagrams of collection system and substations as well as maintaining standard details of electrical construction that are typical to Mortenson projects
- Verifying that the construction agrees with electrical engineering design drawings, including preparatory meetings, and quality assurance/quality control
- Running and owning the electrical engineering design and equipment procurement through use of submittals, transmittals and requests for information
- Communicating with local utilities to ensure integration to the electrical grid
- Providing technical expertise to all parties concerned
- Other duties as assigned
New Hires may have the opportunity to join our team in one of the following industries:
- Data Center
- Power Distribution
- Battery Storage
- Solar and Emerging Renewables
Get ready to join an exciting and ever-changing industry and work with best-in-class teams to deliver the highest possible quality service to our customers. It is likely and anticipated for Mortenson team members to participate on traveling project assignments throughout their careers. Placement with one of our teams will be provided based on the overall needs of the organization.
Build your career with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Will possess a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering by summer 2023
- Possess a current driver's license and have access to reliable transportation
You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have previous related internship experience
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Are detail-oriented, organized, and can effectively handle multiple tasks
- Are passionate about working effectively with teams of diverse backgrounds and varying organizational levels
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and communication skills and show initiative and leadership
- Demonstrate a propensity to identify and solve issues in the field
- Showcase a positive and professional attitude and exemplary customer service skills
- Have a basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Have working knowledge of NEC code and NE safety code
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.