Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Facilitate & deliver collaborative coding resources
- Collaborate and facilitate coding resources and relevant training with team manager
- Collaborate with Coding Operations on new hire and targeted coding and resource
- Coding/Documentation Education
- Collaborate with Coding, Education & QA Operations leadership to obtain trends/gaps in Coder Audits for education and resource topics
- Collaborate with Coding Operations leadership and deliver training sessions as required for Optum Coding Policy Guideline updates and changes
- Collaborate with Coding Operations Compliance & Quality to develop and deliver continuing education
- Assist in developing/delivering Annual ICD-10 updates - Post to LearnSource - Post learning assessment and apply for CEU from AAPC
- Develop and deliver monthly Coder EDU topics -Auditors/Coders/CDI/Educators
- Conduct weekly IRR for Coding team by collaborating with QA on identifying necessary
- encounter visits for IRR review
- Assist with scoring and collating results and provide weekly group feedback to coding teams
- Collaborate with Education Team to design, develop, and publish coding/documentation educational materials, based on results, trends, coding gaps
- Apply adult learning principles using a wide variety of instructional methods and media to deliver technical content
- Work with minimal guidance, seek guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Analyze data and develop training programs based on the data
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners to enhance coding education
- Participate as an active member on the Optum corporate coding education committee
- Maintain knowledge of CPT/Evaluation and Management Guidelines
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent education or years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities
- Coding Certification from AAPC or AHIMA professional coding association (CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, RHIT, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P)
- 3+ years of coding experience in assignment of ICD-10 and CPT/Evaluation and Management coding
- 2 years of experience in clinical documentation improvement queries
- 2+ years of experience with Medicare Advantage - Risk Adjustment HCC model
- 2 years of experience developing and delivering coding education/training, designing user guides, PowerPoint, participant/facilitator guides and job aides
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology, pharmacology, body systems/anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease processes
- Understanding of local and federal regulatory agency guidelines regarding coding and documentation and submission and areas of scrutiny for potential areas of risk for fraud and abuse regarding coding and documentation
- Experience and ability to learn new computer applications, including: EMR(s) and other software programs
- Ability to provide comprehensive communication of CMS Coding Guidelines to providers
- Experience abiding by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by AHIMA and AAPC
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Experience utilizing exemplary attention to detail and completeness
- Experience working autonomously to meet established deadlines with limited supervision
- Experience communicating in a clear and understandable manner; exercises independent judgment
- College degree in a health-related field
- ICD-10-CM AHIMA approved trainer
- Development and delivery of ICD documentation and coding education to medical audience
- Knowledge/familiarity with adult learning concepts
- Experience leading projects
- Experience in medical record review
- Certified Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Credential from ACDIS/AHIMA
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.